“Great Local Indian Food”
Review of Gulzar's

Gulzar's
Ranked #6 of 114 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 27 February 2018

Indian restaurants in the US too often serve the "typical" Indian menu, which can get pretty boring. Gulzar's, on the other hand, has quite a varied menu, including dishes that are not so common, and spices that are authentic and interesting. The service is quite attentive, and the place is nice. I have eaten there on numerous occasions, and never have been disappointed. Amazing that this place can survive in Richmond!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

This was exactly what the reviews said it would be. From the second we walked in their service was incredible. They helped with ordering and even wrote down on a menu what we ordered so we could remember for next time. I can say enough about the place. Food was the best ! Oh yea I forgot we drove an hour to get there and I’ll do it again soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Gulzar's is a top-flight Indian restaurant. In its own right, it merits a visit to Richmond, IN. The restaurant is owned by a family from the Punjab, a region that spans parts of North India and Pakistan. Punjab means "five rivers," since the Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi, Sutlej, and Beas rivers join there, flowing into the Indus. The Punjab is home to the Sikh religion yet both religiously and ethnically diverse. It has a long and distinguished history as well. Why do I mention this in a restaurant review? I do so because the quality and variety of dishes offered at Gulzar's beautifully capture the richness and variety of the family original home. It is absolutely delicious, fresh, and perfectly seasoned. In addition, Gulzar's has a family feel - it is as if one were an esteemed guest in a family's home. The service is exemplary: fast, friendly, and flexible. The prices are very reasonable, too. I simply cannot recommend Gulzar's strongly enough.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

The lunch buffet here is great & a bargain at only $8.99 per person. Ask them for a card & after 6 buffets your 7th is Free!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I liked the dish I get alot! I got a 2 on the spicy scale because I had a cold...it seemed hotter than that!! I have never had Indian before, and I would totally go back again!!

Been to Gulzar's? Share your experiences!