“What The Heck Happened”

Q-bbq
Ranked #58 of 104 Restaurants in Schererville
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

My live in NWI and used to be huge Q fans. We like it so much that we used to drive to LaGrange IL and line up for their BBQ.

When they announced they were moving to Schererville we were thrilled because we would have to make that long drive anymore.

I hate leaving bad reviews because I know how impactful they can be on a business....but Q has really allowed the Schererville location to drag down the brand....at least in my mind.

It started last Christmas (2015) when we were hosting family for Christmas Eve. We decided Q-BBQ was a great catering idea because we loved it so much. We preordered everything and schedule pickup around 30 minutes before they closed. I picked up the food and asked if I needed to go through the bag to make sure all of the food was there. They assured me there was no need....the cashier personal assembled the order and i was set to go. Got home and opened everything up and sure enough they forgot 2 lbs of spicy sausage. I was furious because I had a house full of people on the way. I called and called but of course they were closed!! After calling the 5th or 6th time a guy answered the phone. He said he was the night cleaning guy. He told me to come in and he would help....and he did...he gave me the sausage we paid for. Very frustrating....but I got over it.

Yesterday we went in again for dine in and couldn't have been more disappointed. We ordered a 3 meat plate which is not inexpensive. Sadly the mac and cheese came out dry as a bone as if it had been sitting under a heat lamp forever and the burnt ends (which was an up charge) came out like a pile of slop with a few chunks of ends and a bunch of shredded like meat loaded in sauce. We ate the spicy wings and sausage and basically just left mac and ends sitting there and left.

Not sure how this location could be so much worse then the others....but we won't be back to any of the locations!

Reviewed 16 December 2016

It seems this fast food place needs some quality control. We had the sliders -- lots of bun, but very short on meat. One sandwich had a sufficient amount, but the other two had very little meat on them. You have to put a lot of BBQ sauce (there are bottles on the table) because the sandwiches were pretty dry without them. The hushpuppies were tasty -- you get two with your meal. There is a very limited selection of beer and wine. The counter person was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

We just paid $26 bucks for 2 sandwiches (bought 1 drink too) that were about the size of fast-food burger. Included with each were 2 ping-pong ball sized hush puppies and small , really small dish of bbq beans. The bean to liquid ration was about 80% in favor of the liquid. Looks like the owned is not on the premises as the young kids run the joint. The food is not good either. I would expect this place to be boarded up pretty soon. When I see that happen I'll feel a little better than I do right now..I'm still hunger and feel RIPPED-OFF.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Staff was very friendly and the food was very delicious. It's nice to have a BBQ joint close to home.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Never had a bad meal here the meat is always tender and the counter help is always helpful with a smile

Been to Q-bbq? Share your experiences!