“Good BBQ but .....”
Review of Q-bbq

Q-bbq
Ranked #58 of 106 Restaurants in Schererville
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

So I heard so much about this place on television. So when they came to Indiana I had to try them. First time there my husband and I loved it. We had the Sampler Platter. A little expensive but you are able to taste all of their meats. Very good meats and fantastic sauce. The sauce is really good(both types) that we bought a couple of bottles to take home. As we frequent this place we started to notice the portions were smaller, the wait was longer, they always ran out of food and the quality seem to change. So disappointing because they were our go to for great barbecue. Go back to the way you use to be! Good food and quality meats. Hush puppies and seeet tea are really tasty too! The children's meals are good and plentiful. I love the French fries!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

I'd heard about this place from someone and decided to try it. Now it's our favorite place to eat in NWI. The hushpuppies are soooo good and the burnt ends? Holy cow. I don't get the bun, just the Q-style meal. The sauces are spicy to me, even the one that's not supposed to be, so I have to get a side of ranch to reduce the spice (I'm a wimp). Fries are very tasty, coleslaw is great. Mac and cheese? Ah, sorry, you can't beat my own, so I wouldn't get that again. Mashed potatoes and gravy are spectacular. I love that you have sweet tea, and it's very well made. We've been here 4 times and every time the meat is fantastic and not super fatty like at other BBQ places.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Visited here for the first time. The staff was very friendly and mostly helpful with selections. We tried a meat sampler platter which was very good but the sauce wasn't that desirable in my opinion. Prices are a little high but understandable for a small establishment. Not my first choice for BBQ but I would eat here again.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

My live in NWI and used to be huge Q fans. We like it so much that we used to drive to LaGrange IL and line up for their BBQ.

When they announced they were moving to Schererville we were thrilled because we would have to make that long drive anymore.

I hate leaving bad reviews because I know how impactful they can be on a business....but Q has really allowed the Schererville location to drag down the brand....at least in my mind.

It started last Christmas (2015) when we were hosting family for Christmas Eve. We decided Q-BBQ was a great catering idea because we loved it so much. We preordered everything and schedule pickup around 30 minutes before they closed. I picked up the food and asked if I needed to go through the bag to make sure all of the food was there. They assured me there was no need....the cashier personal assembled the order and i was set to go. Got home and opened everything up and sure enough they forgot 2 lbs of spicy sausage. I was furious because I had a house full of people on the way. I called and called but of course they were closed!! After calling the 5th or 6th time a guy answered the phone. He said he was the night cleaning guy. He told me to come in and he would help....and he did...he gave me the sausage we paid for. Very frustrating....but I got over it.

Yesterday we went in again for dine in and couldn't have been more disappointed. We ordered a 3 meat plate which is not inexpensive. Sadly the mac and cheese came out dry as a bone as if it had been sitting under a heat lamp forever and the burnt ends (which was an up charge) came out like a pile of slop with a few chunks of ends and a bunch of shredded like meat loaded in sauce. We ate the spicy wings and sausage and basically just left mac and ends sitting there and left.

Not sure how this location could be so much worse then the others....but we won't be back to any of the locations!

Reviewed 16 December 2016

It seems this fast food place needs some quality control. We had the sliders -- lots of bun, but very short on meat. One sandwich had a sufficient amount, but the other two had very little meat on them. You have to put a lot of BBQ sauce (there are bottles on the table) because the sandwiches were pretty dry without them. The hushpuppies were tasty -- you get two with your meal. There is a very limited selection of beer and wine. The counter person was friendly and helpful.

Been to Q-bbq? Share your experiences!