All reviews cracker barrel within walking distance great water pressure in the shower priority club major renovation road construction adjoining rooms jacuzzi tub little things beds were very comfortable would stay again free breakfast lobby indiana expressway reunion cereal seymour
Reviewed 22 April 2016

I called directly to this hotel to make a reservation. I gave the date of my one-night stay and was quoted $99 for the one night. I gave the reservation clerk my credit card information and at that point she said, "Oh, I'm sorry it is $300 (and some odd dollars) with a two night minimum because it is Kentucky Derby weekend. Would you like to book the two nights?" Needless to say, I did not spend over $600 for a one night stay and I find it hard to believe she could not tell me this information until AFTER I gave her my credit card! I requested a call back from the manager, which I did receive. The Manager stated there was nothing she could do about this. Very poor way of doing business!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Iva R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

I am very sorry that there was a mix up on the rates. I am also sorry that we didn't catch this until after you had given your credit card information out. We were having a special event on the weekend that your room was needed and are not able to accept discounts at that time. Iva R. General Manager.

Reviewed 13 April 2016

We just stayed overnight on our way to the south. It looks like an older hotel of the HIE group. It needs updating and was looking for a microwave inside the room but there was none.But overall, a goodnight stay.Breakfast was the typical HIE one.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Iva R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2016

Thank you for staying with us and giving us some feedback on what we can do to make your stay a better one. I am glad that you did have a good stay with us. I am sorry that not all of our rooms have a microwave. Thank you again and we hope to have you back again soon. Iva R. General Manager.

Reviewed 5 April 2016

We were traveling from the South on Easter Sunday and stopped because it was getting later and the hotel was conveniently off the highway. Helpful and friendly desk staff. Although clean, this hotel is not as updated as other H.I.Express we've stayed at. The king bed was okay. The bathroom was okay. The register ran quietly and the thermostat was accurate. There were no extras like a frig. or microwave, but I believe the price reflected that. Only one lamp (the one on the desk) had an outlet to plug in technology devices. We did feel safe and slept well. The usual Express breakfast in the morning was appreciated.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Iva R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am happy to hear that it was a good one. I will definitely let the staff know that they did a wonderful job. I am sorry that the room did not have enough accessible outlets that is something we are working on. Thank you and we hope to have you stay with us again. Iva R. General Manager.

Reviewed 1 April 2016

We phoned ahead the day of arrival. Thank goodness as the parking lot was pretty much full when we arrived after 9PM. Lots of families. Check-in was fast and easy. Our room was clean and comfortable. Because of a "full house", we thought it would be noisy but it was really quiet. The Veteran's discount was a plus. Nice overnight stay.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. It was great to hear that we were able to accommodate you. I am also glad to hear that even though we had a full house that you were able to get rest to continue on with your trip. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon. Iva R. General Manager.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

We were just passing through. The property was clean and located conveniently off the highway. It may be an older establishment?? The beds were not very comfortable, the room was noisy (people upstairs and next door could be heard). Would have liked to have the option of keeping the heater/cooler fan on constantly to help drown out the building noise. Do like that they do offer hot breakfast items on the buffet.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Dear Sandy D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are pleased to know that you found our hotel to be clean and our location to be convenient. However, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the noise level during your visit and for falling below your standards regarding our beds. We understand the discomfort these have caused you. Rest assured your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments for evaluation.

Joel A