“The complete experience!!!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The premier Italian Restaurant and Lounge in Indiana, offering unique and authentic Italian cuisine, enjoyable drinks and amazing dessert!
Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

I have been visiting Ciao's for YEARS! I have ALWAYS entered a very clean and beautiful restaurant and been greeted warmly. My husband and I are always attended to very promptly, and our servers are very knowledgeable. Whenever we ask about a dish, our server has actually tasted it, and gives very clear descriptions. We have ALWAYS received EXCELLENT food,and the presentation is simply beautiful. I'm impressed that the menu changes due to what's in season, sadly most restaurants in town don't serve fresh vegetables or make their pasta daily. I'm treated like family by the staff and I am addicted to the food. I simply love Ciao's!

Reviewed 9 May 2015 via mobile

I came with family to celebrate an award I received. The music was so loud and it took a while for them to turn it down. We were the only ones in the room and we couldn't hear each other. My sister and I ordered the spaghetti a la carbonara, which we usually love. However, it did not have a creamy sauce, but seemed to be scrambled eggs mixed in with spaghetti! I could not finish it. My other two sisters ordered the chicken Marsala and both were rather tepid, not hot, in temp. The service was attentive, however.

2  Thank Worldtraveller678
Reviewed 29 March 2015

It's just okay. Our first casual observation was that this looked nice, and would serve as an upscale Italian dining experience. The interiors appeared nice and contemporary, but upon a little more observation, you will quickly notice that it's only lipstick.

We were actually sitting at a folding table in the main dining room. The bowl for our olive oil had a chip in it the size of a quarter. The plates didn't match the bowls, the bowls didn't match the serving ware, etc.

Our server poured out wine and on multiple occasions used her fingers to wipe the top of the bottle of the few drops of wine before they would stream down the side.

The entrees were okay. Better than the quality of the rest of the experience. The wine was good. The vegetables were obviously warmed frozen veggies. At $200, we spent 75% of what I would have expected if it it were what I originally thought, but instead it was more than twice of what it should have been, if that makes sense.

I wish we would have spent our time and money elsewhere. We travel enough to know the difference between a great experience and one that is just trying to convince you it is something it's not.

5  Thank StartingFive
Reviewed 17 March 2015

Superb Italian food in a very pleasant atmosphere, lovingly prepared by Mrs. Ciao. Service sometimes a bit less than it could be, but more than compensated by the quality of the food. I think that, all things considered, it is the best place to eat in South Bend.

Reviewed 5 October 2014

We went for our anniversary dinner and had a wonderful meal! Service was great and the food was fantastic! I highly recommend.