“Very Good Food and Experience”
Review of Ho Ping House

Ho Ping House
Ranked #21 of 307 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2017

We visited the Ho Ping House today on our way home from Michigan. We had been wanting to try this place for a while, and I'm glad that we finally got the chance. We ordered chicken lo mein, orange beef, and general tso chicken. The food was very good and was brought to our table shortly after ordering. The staff was friendly as well. We will probably return in the near future.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Made to order fresh food. Everything always is full of flavor. They do a great job with gluten free accommodations including modifying sweet n sour chicken.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

I've never seen smaller strip toast or wonton soup containers ever. When I toolbar it back to ask for a refund I had to explain my dissatisfaction to two people, and almost beg for my 9 dollars back. They blamed the small soup on my choice, but there was only one on the menu??!!!
No apology, thank you , nothing.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Had the shrimp and snow peas. Both were perfect al dente. Light sauce was well prepared. Was dinning as a single and was tucked away behind a screen. Felt like I was at the "kids table".

Reviewed 10 April 2017

In the South Bend/Mishawaka area we have lots of choices when it comes to Chinese food. Over the past decade, we seem to favor one restaurant for a couple of months and then switch to another. Since it opened, Ho Ping House is the only local Chinese restaurant we have used. The interior seems clean and the service seems good, but we use it exclusively for carryout.