Free cancellation until 30/07
US$70
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$119
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

US$137
Quality Inn(Bloomington)
US$86
US$72
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

US$59
Hotels.com
US$119
Homewood
Cascades Inn(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$57
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$63/night.

Free cancellation until 04/08
US$125
CandlewoodSuites
US$133
US$117
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

All reviewsmattressesclerktublobbybed
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

I'll be honest, I was a little apprehensive about staying here based on reviews I had read. However, I'm so glad I listened to my boyfriend since he's been staying here for the last 10+ years.
When I called and booked our reservation the clerk I spoke too was very friendly. We arrived after midnight and the gentleman at the desk was courteous.
Our room was perfect. It's one of the best that I've ever stayed in before. Now with that being said...if you only care about basic amenities and a cheap room this is the place to go. If you're expecting a 5 star hotel then you should go somewhere else.
I will definitely being staying here again when we go back.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Hubby, 3 month old daughter, and I stayed here two nights while in town for my sister-in-law's wedding (in Spencer). The rest of the family stayed here, too, since we were driving back and forth between wedding location on family property and the hotel; otherwise we would've stayed elsewhere.

If you need to stay somewhere in Spencer overnight, this location is one of your two options (otherwise there's the place in the park - buy a park pass plus the nightly rate). If you are willing to drive the 20 minutes or so to Bloomington for a better hotel room, do it! The extra time would be worth having a better room.

Pros of our stay: There was a working a/c unit. There were 2 clean beds in the room (with vinyl mattress covers, too). The room was mostly clean. Decent water pressure, and we had hot water. All rooms are entered via regular key (not digital), and the door is accessed from inside the building (so pro for security and weather-conditions). Free wifi with good speeds, from what appears to be a (Comcast) hotspot in each room. Nice Sony flat-screen tv mounted on the wall with cable channels. Good-sized clean and working mini-fridge. (There was a microwave but we didn't test it.) Location is easy to find, there is ample parking, and is in close proximity to local restaurants.

Cons of our stay: Everything is OLD, or at least appears to be. Old wallpaper, old vanity, old linens/duvets, really old carpet, and worst of all - a really old a/c unit. The a/c doesn't kick on and off based on temperature. As far as we could tell it was on all the time, and your choice was hot or cold. I didn't see an Off option.

The bathroom fan vent was super dusty (so we didn't use it). The shower tub had soap scum in the bottom. The carpet was stained. The caulk around the sink and vanity was dirty, dried and cracking. Most of these things require little monetary investment to fix - just some time and labor. Hopefully the owners make an effort to invest in their rooms and building to make it an inviting place to stay. Right now it is pretty cringe-worthy.

My in-laws actually reserved and paid for the room upfront, but we paid them around $110 per night. That is an absurd price for what you really get. We stayed in a better hotel in a different state (Microtel in Louisville, KY) for nearly half that price per night! I understand a big business can slash the nightly rate because of quantity of hotels and of rooms, but you're not even getting charm or anything at this place, so it is not at all worth the extra cost. You are essentially paying only for location convenience.

Two things I find to be ridiculous:
1. Our room included an envelope on the nightstand that was labeled for housekeeping tips. This envelope also contained the wifi password (although it wasn't identified as such). We stayed the 2 nights, and never actually saw housekeeping, and are sure they did not visit our room during our stay.
2. We asked for more towels for several of our rooms (we asked for everyone at once), and we're met with surprise at why we needed them. Strange question, but we let it go. Shortly after, our room received a phone call asking us to bring down our dirty towels to the front desk.

Overall, I would never want to stay here again. It is decent and clean enough to make it work if you really need to stay in town, but it is not a place at which you want to spend much time. It's just not comfortable and relaxing. I would never recommend this location in its current state.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

The motel was clean and the staff is nice! However the place is old and probably has not had any updates since the 80's. There are microwaves and mini fridges in the room and that is nice. There are no other options in Spencer.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

My family were traveling on I-70 and all motels were booked due to race events so I found this small Inn and it's okay. Don't expect any luxury and I don't see any roaches so therefore I can't complaining about that.

Bed is little hard which I wondered did they buy the bed from flintstone TV show. We just stay n sleep then hit the road.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2015

I stayed here on a one night stay and the room was clean and the bed comfortable enough. There were no frills but the A/C worked and there are plenty of TV channels. There were some spots high on the wall that was missing wall paper and the property shows some age but it is still being taken care of. The gal at the front desk was friendly and able to answer any questions that I had. The rooms don't have a dead bolt or flip latch and that might bother some people of they have security concerns as it is only a regular lockset on the doors.

Room Tip: grab a treat at the Dairy Queen down the street.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business