“Great place for breakfast”
Review of Viking chili Bowl

Viking chili Bowl
Ranked #32 of 171 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 July 2017

been going to "the chili bowl" for a little while now, wife and i love the omelets, Ham[to die for] and eggs, country fried steak, baked oatmeal, haven't had anything yet that we were disappointed with. [breakfast and lunch only, they close early]

Reviewed 21 April 2017

Absolutely Great Big Breakfast. All two egg selections are three eggs. Excellent coffee. Very good burgers and other sandwiches for lunch - Soup & sandwich choices are many

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

This place is very special to me as I used to come here with my dad often before he passed away. Service has always been good, food is tasty. My only complaint is it truly needs a good cleaning. The nooks and crannys need it bad. They are always so so busy the same things get overlooked and as I dont go as often as I once did, I still see the same ol nooks and crannys. Wish they had longer hours. The portions are large in size and not too tough on the wallet.

1  Thank Explorerfam5
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

We LOVE this place. Great food, great portion size, fast, friendly service & inexpensive!! Has it all!!

Reviewed 6 March 2017

I don't agree with the person who said it's a greasy spoon. Just a nice down-to-earth, well-kept family diner with very friendly service. Don't expect gourmet or anything fancy. Simple but tasty, and a simple price. Large selection and willing to customize your order. We especially like their ham and take some home if we don't eat it with our meal. Bean soup is excellent when they have it. This time I had Denver omelet and asked to have tomatoes added, came with 2 side choices. See pictures. Hubby and son had hot open face sandwiches that filled up the large plate. It is choice of meat over mashed potatoes and bread, with gravy (my son gets his with fries instead of potatoes) comes with soup or salad. Got so stuffed we had to take some home, along with a plate of ham. Wish they didn't close at 3pm. Never had to wait for a seat, but does get busiest Sunday 12-1

1  Thank Linda F