“Service exceeded expectations, food was hit and miss”
Review of Cerulean

Cerulean
Reserve with OpenTable
Cerulean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Park Ave
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Enjoyed an early fall evening for a business dinner on the screened in patio. Sushi appetizers were freshly prepared and had nice flavor. Sashimi (tuna) was not as fresh as expected and serving size was small for price. We ordered based on input from our enthusiastic waiter. Several specialty beers were out of stock, but what we selected was nice. Main dishes ranged from huge portions and delicious to modest and average for flavor/texture. Pork chop dish was a hit. Biggest disappointment was the salmon dinner...very small serving and fish was dry/over cooked. Overall an enjoyable evening and atmosphere. Will hope for a more exciting meal during a future visit.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Cerulean does a great job of incorporating locally produced foods into its kitchen.

I came with 4 business colleagues last week. Service was professional and it was clear she was well-trained/lots of practice.

The starters are small-ish, so I recommend you try 3 or 4 and share. But, warning against too many, then no room to enjoy the entree.

Good wine selection.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Cerulean has stepped up its game with the bento box offerings for lunch - although the options have remained very similar for a while now. I always have a sushi roll that are very well made - noodles- Brussels sprouts and the potatoes - always good but I wish they had more new items to try

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Service was haphazard.
The appearance of this place and menu descriptions led me to believe the "smoked duck with Italian peppers and squash" would be elegant. When I asked the pasta be held I was offered nothing else in it's place. It was a mistake not speaking up since I got about a cup and a half of manged mush. This "meal" was clumsily designed, poorly prepared, and overly salted- most likely to cover the poor quality.
Skip this showplace. Go to the Boat House restaurant nearby.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Had dinner at Cerulean for the second time (the first time was two years ago - we live in Indianapolis, otherwise I would be there every week!). The second time was just as good as the first. There were four of us and we ordered lots of food and shared everything. And it was ALL delicious! Highlights were the gnocchi (small dish), brussels sprouts, scallops with Korean glaze (entree), beef tenderloin (entree), and the grapefruit dessert. I love bold, inventive flavors, and this place delivers, dish after dish.