“Good pizza”

Treehouse Pub and Eatery
Ranked #8 of 84 Restaurants in Bettendorf
Price range: US$15 - US$65
Description: From our selection of delicious wood fired pizzas, over 75 craft; domestic, ipa and imported beers, our extensive wine collection and our unique "build your own" fresh salads to our menu of delicious burgers panini sandwiches and appetizers we will keep you coming back for more
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

I really liked the thin crust pizza and the service was very good during the busy lunchtime crowd. What I did not like was the poor parking, and, this restaurant is very loud inside. If you're someone who enjoys a loud, busy atmosphere, you will like this venue. I'll come here again, but probably not during prime meal time.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner and a nice bottle of wine tonight. Unfortunately, had people smoking on the deck. Obviously, not a new thing by the amount of cigarette butts littering the ground around the deck. Too bad because we really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere minus the cigarette smoke.

2  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 11 April 2017

If in the bar area it is very loud...if in the restaurant area you kind of fee left out of the interaction of the place. Pizzas are more like cracker crust , may be good , didn't try. But looked trendy. Grabbed a burger, beer, tax and tip..$22.50. As there is no other place around , I think this place will be a good meeting place.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Just had a buddy take me to eat here Friday night for dinner. We got there at 5:30 and the parking lot was full. There is very limited parking near the restaurant because spots around are reserved for neighboring businesses. There is a lower level lot but have to walk up a very steep ramp to get back to grade with the area of the restaurant. In front of each business in the strip mall, their pad of concrete in front of their door is raised up about 1 1/2 inches the width of their entrance doors and then the edges spray painted bright yellow to warn you of a tripping hazard. Why the hell design a tripping hazard into the design of a brand new strip mall area. Seriously?!? Anyways, got in the door and one party of 3 in front of us. They just cleaned a table for two and we were seated in 3 minutes. Then people started pouring in and backing up outside on the park benches. I had heard the white cheese curds with raspberry jalapeno sauce were to die for, so ordered those and two pops while perusing the menu. He decided on the Italian beef sandwich with fries and Au Jus. I ordered the Cuban sandwich with cole slaw. We had our questions answered by our knowledgeable waitress. One was, does the Italian beef come with provolone cheese, none is mentioned on the menu. Add some if it does not, she said, no it does not have cheese. (Figured extra charge). Is the gardineria on the side and not strewn on top the sandwich? I was pretty sure my friend would not like the hot veggie mix. He was unfamiliar with gardineria. Yes, it is on the side. Good. I was wondering about the Cuban being pressed since the menu just says on a turano bun. I had researched their menu online earlier in the day and Googled term "turano" bread. It is a family-owned commercial bakery in Berwyn, IL, Chicagoland area, that provides restaurants and the food service industry with artisan, home-style baked, quality breads. Many varieties from foccacia to ciabatta, from brioche, to sourdough, from plain to herbed. Treehouse uses their sliced panini bread fresh delivered, not frozen. We waited for our cheese curds for a bit, and then here comes a "runner" girl, not our waitress, and delivered our sandwiches and sides. I was expecting the cheese curds and raspberry sauce to come first, which were not included in the delivery, so I questioned. Our waitress stopped by very quickly to check on us and I asked why weren't our cheese curds brought before the dinners? We have sandwiches but no cheese curds. She said, "What the hell!!?" And ran away quickly to return in a minute with the order of cheese curds. Well, I was somewhat disappointed, that they weren't bubbling hot and forgotten about. The first few we had were hot and gooey, but they were cooling quickly and became hard and chewy for the last half of the order. We didn't finish the last third honestly. The raspberry jalapeno sauce is excellent. You can even see the little seeds in the bottom of the cup. Not too hot either. My Cuban was fantastic! Tons of pulled pork, ham, yellow mustard galore and piles of dill pickles, all smashed under a panini press. Then on the side in a stainless steel shot glass was a sweet honey mustard made with yellow mustard and lots of honey. Their coleslaw is good and creamy with lots of celery seeds. I took half my Cuban home for lunch. My friend's Italian beef was loaded with shaved prime rib and grilled green and red peppers. Plenty of Au Jus which was flavorful. He ate all but two bites, but was disappointed in the french fries. He said for being an upscale place with pricier entrees, you would expect seasoned, or batter dipped, or some kind of special fries. These were the exact same krinkle cut fries you get in the freezer section at WalMart. When he got the bill, there was no charge for the provolone and I suspect it is included on the sandwich, but the waitress was misinformed. By now the place was packed, very loud bar area, and lots of people outside waiting to get in. I would go back, just on a weeknight and get there early to avoid the crowds and extreme noise.

2  Thank Wayne W
Reviewed 27 March 2017

The restaurant is located just off the main bike trail in Davenport/Bettendorf. It was a nice evening so my wife and I walked there which was pretty cool. The décor is rustic modern and it is an attractive restaurant. Our server was attentive even with the large crowd. They really need to find ways to dampen the sound. It was a roaring crowd which made it virtually impossible to talk to my wife. Maybe I am getting older, but that is not the type of place I enjoy. I ordered their Canadian bacon, jalapeno and pineapple pizza. There was one major flaw with it. No jalapenos. I don't understand how an ingredient in the name of the pizza gets left off. Not to mention the Canadian bacon is nothing special either. I added spinach which was a nice touch. The crust is ok. The cheese blend was good. The sauce is a little too sweet. They do have a good beer list. I will go back, but was hoping for something better.