“Very Good food - TV very distracting”

Red Ginger Sushi Bar & Grill
Ranked #11 of 83 Restaurants in Bettendorf
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Tempura shrimp is very good. I certainly enjoyed the fried rice and a salad for a starter. Alcoholic beverages are reasonably priced.

TV - this MUST TURNED OFF as it is very noisy and distracting. Blaring TV will prevent us from returning. Try dinner music.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Red Ginger is as good as it gets
in the Quad City area. I first
experienced Sushi at Danny Bonaduce's
Sushi restaraunt (with him serving)
in 1985/86 on Sunset Blvd for a Birthday Party
and I was hooked (a Shoutout to Danny for being a Sushi pilgrem pioneer in the Western World. From there
it rocketed (i.e. Iroha in Studio City and
beyond :)

Fast forward coast to coast, and I have been
to many Sushi establishments in the past near 40 years. Red Ginger (if you're confined to the
Quad City area , passing through, or simply live in the area) it will satisfy in most cases :)
Business meetings, family, friends (not the
crappy cheap non tipping ones) or simply patrons that are willing to appreciate quality and pay for it are who you want to experience this offering over and over.

The "Kani Salad" is Highly recommended. It is
pretty much as good as it gets so far.

The Temaki Sushi (Hand Roll) especially "Spicy
Tuna" is reasonably priced and spot on (provided
that you order one at a time, otherwise the
Nori (seaweed) wrapper absorbs the moisture
from the rice and transforms to a tough leather.
Meaning, again offset orders.

Red Ginger has a somewhat ambiguous atmosphere and if there is any drawback it is that there is an certain have a lack of the Japanese culture.
If all factored in... Red Ginger is Great!

Reviewed 19 April 2017

I used my diner's book coupon to treat my mom to lunch and we both enjoyed our food and experience. The waiter talked me into changing my lunch portion of Kung Pao shrimp to a dinner size and I'm glad that I did. I will definitely be returning even without a coupon.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

The sushi rolls are EXCELLENT. My favorite is the spicy dragon, bettendorf and California rolls. I would not recommend the teriyaki- you go here for the sushi plus you can make better terikai at home. Acoustically it is hard to hear if there are more than a few tables filled. Sometimes the servers can be soft spoken and difficult to understand. A wonderful small business in Bettendorf with terrific take out.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Good sushi and fair service. A plus in this area. Been here twice within 2 years and it was consistent. I would return