“No frills is right”
Review of American Inn

American Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Convenient to Hwy 30, lots of fast food restaurants around, and a Mexican restaurant attached. Check in went fine but check out took longer than it should have. Older building. An attempt to make it look nicer has been made, by painting. Old fixtures, old carpeting. The light for the toilet/shower area is outside the room ahead of the door so it made it hard to use and not disturb others in the room. Flat screen TV but a bit small. The indoor pool wasn't open. Appeared clean enough and mattress was comfortable enough. Basic breakfast items available. I thought the price was more than it should have been for such a place.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Stayed one night in this hotel for the Luke Bryan Farm Tour. The staff was friendly when checking in and allowed us to check in earlier than typically allowed, which was nice. The hotel rooms are average. Some things look like it was updated while others clearly not. If you are looking for a place to crash for something like this it wasn't bad. I most likely wouldn't come back for a longer stay but it was fine for what we used for. They do have Free breakfast in the morning. It is basic along with waffles. It worked for what we needed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

A basic hotel, older, but clean and fine for the night. Bed and pillows were soft and comfortable, split bathroom with soft towels. Fridge and microwave. Breakfast was cereal, breads, and waffles. Mexican restaurant attached.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2017

The Good: Location is good, convenient to Hwy 30, appears to be a safe area, more than ample restaurants close, exterior of building looks fine, but appears to be an older-style hotel building, not quite a motel look, but close, can leave the fan on overnight to provide white noise.

The Bad: This is a budget hotel, I had to walk back to the front desk twice after check in to get new card keys, room was very dated, bare, and was showing wear in many ways, old school heat/AC unit beneath window, breakfast was just above bare bones.

Overview: Stayed here on business in May, 2017. Lobby was quite small, enough room for the counter and a single couch. Not a very welcoming room. Check in was fine, but the card keys did not work, not once, but twice after they re-coded them. Had to come back to the front desk a third time to get new cards. The room itself was quite dated. Didn't appear as though anything was refreshed anytime recently. There was a lower-end flat screen TV with cable, but that was about the only upgrade. I didn't notice anything overly dirty, but was nowhere near top notch hygenic. Bathroom counter was worn, old school bath fixtures, just a few standard white towels, weird bathroom with just a toilet and bath/shower. I just wasn't overly impressed with the room. However, I did get a good night sleep as the bed seemed to be comfortable to me, plus I was able to generate white noise overnight with the fan of the AC unit.

Breakfast was a choice of two cereals, some bananas, mini-muffins and mini-cinnamon rolls still in their store bought package, a waffle iron, and juice/coffee. There was yogurt in the fridge, but I didn't note anything else. Relatively small, darker breakfast area.

So overall, not a horrible place, but in severe need for an update. Like I said in the title, you get what you pay for, yet I feel like I probably paid about $10 per night too much.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

My bedding hadn't been changed! When I realized this at 10:15 pm the front desk was literally locked. I rang the bell until the owners answered. I requested a king sheet after they stated the impossibility that my sheets hadn't been changed-not my "hair" on the fitted sheet. Stains on the pillowcases-the complimentary soaps and lotions previously used and lids with dried excess product.
"Shavings" of previous guest on the bathroom sink. Slept like a mummy wrapped in the king sheet they gave me and in my travel clothes!
Restaurant attached was busy but so was the separate night club not 5 feet from a room filled with kids from our high school team. No peak hole on the door and another student room had a faulty dead bolt.
To quote a song "I will never,ever, ever" consider staying there. Mentioned my room condition to the morning desk monitor-nothing! No response. Hated seeing the 90$ on my credit card statement!
Not fit for adults but definitely not suitable for traveling school teams!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Been to American Inn? Share your experiences!