All reviews front desk full kitchen living room home away from home in town place to stay rockwell collins rooms are spacious staff was friendly waffle maker complimentary breakfast excellent stay business trip indoor pool the breakfast area dishwasher darrell
Reviewed 2 February 2017

Good place for a business stay. Central location. Rooms are great for long term stay as well as a short stint. They are clean.
Breakfast is standard and solid, offering oatmeal, eggs, ham, fruit, yoghurt and fresh waffles. I like the happy hour in the evening as well.

Room tip: rooms on the 4th floor
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Gary S, Area Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cedar Rapids North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Thanks for posting a review of your stay at our Hotel! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, breakfast and our evening reception. For other reading this review, our evening reception is only held Monday - Friday featuring light hors d'oeuvres and beer/wine. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Cedar Rapids.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

Upon arrival we noticed a strong fish smell in room 112. Staff offered us a room change near the elevator or spray. We were going out and asked for spray. Upon return the smell remained. Staff again offered a room change but it was late. Around 5am the smell changed to breakfast cooking. Room was clean. Obviously a ventilation problem. We would stay again, but not in that room.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry about the smell issue in your room. Because we are an extended stay hotel with cook tops in every room, we do have guests that like to cook their own meals from time to time. Usually housekeeping is good a noting odors in rooms that require additional work to get the smell out. It sounds like we missed that with this room. I am so very sorry for this, but do hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Cedar Rapids.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

When we arrived, we were met by a very friendly front desk staff that quickly checked us in. The room was large with a separate living room and a separate bedroom. We ate at the table which was very convenient. Everything was clean and all the furniture was kept up. The breakfast was very good and had a good selection. Also everyone of the staff I came in contact with was very pleasant and professional. I would definitely stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Gary S, Area Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cedar Rapids North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your room and that our staff took good care of you during your stay. We look forward to your next visit to Cedar Rapids.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

This was a very nice hotel, It was a very nice room but the room is not insulated from noise very well. We could hear everything that was said in the hall way and every step that people took in the room above us. There were several kids running up and down the hall and I am not sure what was happening in the room above us but you could hear every step that the people took and they stayed up half the night.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Gary S, Area Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cedar Rapids North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Thank you for posting a review of our Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel, but sorry about the noise issues. If there is ever a noise issue when staying with us, please notify the Front Desk so we can get the noise to stop or get you moved to another room. For light sleepers I do recommend requesting the top floor when you make reservations. We make every effort to accommodate the requests of our guests.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

Due to weather conditions, we made a last minute decision to stay at this hotel. We booked without much consideration and told them as much.

Upon checking in, the staff had made a washcloth animal for my kid and left it in our room with a "Good Luck!" note printed out for him. They chatted with us throughout the weekend and were so extremely friendly. They completely made our stay.

The room was as expected - large with a separate bedroom with two beds. The beds were comfortable as we crashed from exhaustion and the room quiet, given the number of people in the hotel (based on the parking lot).

In the morning, we went down for breakfast to the standard continental fare - I had the muffins and coffee, my kid had waffles.

The Homewood Suites is also near a Hy-Vee, Target, and numerous restaurants if cooking in your room is not your preference. We did, and learned too late we were short silverware in the drawer. It was addressed promptly upon our notification.

Thank you again to the fabulous staff.

Room tip: Middle floor, facing the parking lot and the noise level was still acceptable.
Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our Hotel. I am so happy that your stay was enjoyable. We do have numerous restaurant and shopping options very close to the Hotel that is less than 1/2 mile off the interstate. I will talk to housekeeping about the lack of silverware in your room. This should never happen and I am sorry for it. Our Executive Housekeeper was the "designer" of your washcloth teddy bear. I hope your child enjoyed it! We hope to see you again if your travels bring you to Cedar Rapids.