“Delicious Dinner”

Monica's
Ranked #1 of 139 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: We provide great choices for everyone with our huge menu of over 90 items of American favorites or Italian Specialties, plus more than 4 dozen of them can be made gluten-free. The American menu items are mostly classics from the heartland such as Chicken Pot Pie, Beef Stroganoff, Meatloaf, Jambalaya and sandwiches headlined by a great custom-ground fresh Hamburger made with 3 cuts of Iowa beef for great flavor and juiciness. The Italian Specialties include such tasty creations as Baked Ziti with Chicken and Shrimp, Lobster with Black Fettucine, Chicken and Spinach Ravioli, Chicken Balsamico, Baked Salmon, and Bruschetta, as well as several Panini's. We also have 10 Big Specialty Salads, many appetizer choices, homemade cupcakes and delectable desserts. We offer a full line of beers and wines, as well as a full bar. You can choose to sit in the room with tv's and a dining room without, as well as out on the patio. Thanks for visiting!
Reviewed 25 April 2018

My husband and I enjoyed a delightful dinner this evening at Monica's. The Veggie Quiche was wonderful--very flavorful; and the grilled asparagus fantastic. My husband enjoyed (and let me try) the Ryan Bowen pizza (delicious; great crust!). We finished the meal with White Chocolate Bread Pudding, which was delectable (and quite a substantial dessert!). Our server, Maddie, was very friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is charming (albeit the building is a bit dated); the decor is nice and the soft music quite soothing. A delicious evening to be sure. We definitely recommend Monica's.

Date of visit: April 2018
Randy L, Owner at Monica's, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Thank you so much for your review. So glad you liked it. My favorite comment is always when someone praises the staff member they liked. We are so proud of all of them.

Hope to see you again soon.

Randy

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by the concierge at my hotel when I described I wanted a casual meal, not downtown. He said this was comfort food and was he ever correct. We were greeted warmly when we arrived and had the most attentive service from our wait person. When he heard it was my birthday, the day before, he insisted on a complimentary dessert. I had the eggplant Parmesan. It was freshly prepared and the portion was huge. The pasta that came with it was in a white cream sauce. The red sauce for the Parmesan was delicious. I thought the prices were fair, especially in light of the portion size. I highly recommend this restaurant. This was my first trip to Iowa: I admit I am a bit of a food snob from the east coast. But I was impressed.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

The food was excellent. The service was great. It wasn't crowded. The place is very accessible too. We had Reuben sandwiches which were very good along with fries.

Date of visit: March 2018
Randy L, Owner at Monica's, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you so much! We’re enjoying spring break so about half of the town is gone. But we’re glad for those that come enjoy a less-crowded restaurant.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I went to Monica's for a friend's birthday and the food was delicious! The only problem was it was super expensive for the portions. I would recommend this place only for special occasions. I like a lot of restaurants in Coralville and could probably get food just as good for a cheaper price somewhere else.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Great place to eat! This time had a salad and pizza. Everything was well-prepared and tasty. Everything was devoured!

Date of visit: February 2018