“DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME!”

Quinton's bar & deli
Ranked #80 of 126 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 July 2016

When we stopped here to eat, I really wish I would have went with my gut feeling and KEPT DRIVING to find a different place to eat. First of all, we walked in and not one person working addressed us or acted like we were standing there. Two tables had people sitting at them, that is it, so they weren't too busy that they could have missed us. The staff SUCKED, the time it took to get our order taken and then receive our food was a joke and the prices were outrageous! This was not a high class, top of the line, formal place with extraordinary, luxurious food by any means...so their prices should not be as high as they are! I got a bread bowl with "creamy potato bacon" soup in it. The top of the bread bowl was cut out was about 1" in circumference by about 1" deep. There was literally two regular tablespoons of potato soup in the bread bowl, 4 small chunks of potatoes with red specks, a few imitation bacon bits and small slivers of disgusting carrots. No one in my family got anything that tasted good and the portions were terribly small. We didn't finish our drinks (flat, no carbonation) or our meals. We had wasted enough time and the food was not worth feeding a stray dog. We will NEVER go here again and we would never recommend this place, even if we hated that person.

Reviewed 7 July 2016

The first time I went here omg just say it.... cook's deluxe. I mean come on! Chicken bacon cheese tower. Do the sweat potatoe fries and have a food coma. They have a lovely chalkboard of daily local beer daily specials. Mm hmm. I took my mom here the third time I went here and she ordered the veggie sammich cause she said that's a real way to tell if a place is hoppin. She said it was, but once I gave her half my cook's deluxe (their meatiest sammich) she needed a nap too lol. Excellent! OH! I have had two guy friends tell me the went to the downtown Iowa city branch and they say it's amazing food as well. Never been myself, but their word is golden. It's so good I order uped it once cause I dreamed about that sammich. Totally worth it. Don't order it if you aren't a carnivore. Lol

Reviewed 26 June 2016

I've been here many times and never had a bad meal! They have many sandwiches that are different from the usual burgers and fries, and all are tasty. Large booths, good service. They also have a decent beer selection, including their own custom brews. The only downside is that they're a little hard to find if you're not familiar with the area. Buffalo Wild Wings is nearby if you need a more recognizable landmark.

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Decided to try this "Bar & Deli" because there was a Groupon for it. Previously seen bad reviews left me skeptical. I tried the T.A.C which was actually better than I had expected based on reviews however definitely not worth the price for a lunch meat sandwich where fries cost $2 more. For close to $10 I'd expect them to come with it. My husband had the chili & Frickles. I will say the Frickles were good & you get a generous portion, but the chili was awful. My son had the turkey & cheese kids meal which was about average for a kids meal except that no drink was included. Overall with drinks it cost us more to eat here having just soup & sandwiches than it would at much better restaurants.

Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

We have eaten here 3 or more times. They have a great beer selection. We have had a bad server but overall great service. Food comes quickly. The only complaint is that we have ordered nachos twice and each time they are cool. Nachos grande should be warm. Other than that, the food is good. We are meeting friends there in 2 weeks. Look forward to going back.