“Food was pretty awful”

Quinton's bar & deli
Ranked #67 of 139 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 March 2017

I was expecting standard bar food, but this was a pretty bad version of that. The chili in the bread bowl was really dry, unflavorful, with nothing redeeming- lacking salt, spices, flavor. The sweet potato fries were pretty darned good, however. My husband ordered a pulled pork sandwich, and it was also lackluster. The attentive waitress was kind enough to offer a different dish, but we settled for a discount on the check. Good-looking beer selection.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Visited Quinton's for a dinner with friends. It's a nice atmosphere for a bite to eat and chat. I had a few appetizers and a burger. All was great. The burger has a lot of flavor. It comes with fries and they are pretty good. The appetizers I tried were fried pickles (frickles) and Parmesan Garlic wings. The wings are large and bone in. I think the Parm Garlic flavor is different than I'm used to at other places. This one seemed to have some buffalo sauce in it. Not positive though. The pickles are pretty good. The service is decent and the place seems to be clean. Parking is probably a hassle on busy nights/days though.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Cleaned off our own table. Went to bar to get our drinks. Still the server had not acknowledged us. People have left. People at next table have waited for over a hour for their food. Some of their group has left for the Hawkeye game. Got our menus . Have sat here for 45 minutes. Drove here specifically for our dinner on the way to the concert. Silly us. Read my other reviews. I am not a negative person but in this case I am.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Ask Waiter what is good... You will get a good steer toward a draft, and an incredible burger. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

When we stopped here to eat, I really wish I would have went with my gut feeling and KEPT DRIVING to find a different place to eat. First of all, we walked in and not one person working addressed us or acted like we were standing there. Two tables had people sitting at them, that is it, so they weren't too busy that they could have missed us. The staff SUCKED, the time it took to get our order taken and then receive our food was a joke and the prices were outrageous! This was not a high class, top of the line, formal place with extraordinary, luxurious food by any means...so their prices should not be as high as they are! I got a bread bowl with "creamy potato bacon" soup in it. The top of the bread bowl was cut out was about 1" in circumference by about 1" deep. There was literally two regular tablespoons of potato soup in the bread bowl, 4 small chunks of potatoes with red specks, a few imitation bacon bits and small slivers of disgusting carrots. No one in my family got anything that tasted good and the portions were terribly small. We didn't finish our drinks (flat, no carbonation) or our meals. We had wasted enough time and the food was not worth feeding a stray dog. We will NEVER go here again and we would never recommend this place, even if we hated that person.