“The excellent service was the best part!”

Quinton's bar & deli
Ranked #77 of 124 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 August 2017

This place was quite close to our motel so we thought we'd give it a try. I had the chicken version of their burgers and it was very good as were the plentiful fries. But the stand-out here was our server who regularly checked on us to refill water without being obsequious.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

a nice bar in Iowa city downtown...I had a corona beer and a lime margarita and it was cool...today is margaritas' day...nice music...a big screen by the bar...good service...friendly staff...I like it...

Reviewed 16 March 2017

I was expecting standard bar food, but this was a pretty bad version of that. The chili in the bread bowl was really dry, unflavorful, with nothing redeeming- lacking salt, spices, flavor. The sweet potato fries were pretty darned good, however. My husband ordered a pulled pork sandwich, and it was also lackluster. The attentive waitress was kind enough to offer a different dish, but we settled for a discount on the check. Good-looking beer selection.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Visited Quinton's for a dinner with friends. It's a nice atmosphere for a bite to eat and chat. I had a few appetizers and a burger. All was great. The burger has a lot of flavor. It comes with fries and they are pretty good. The appetizers I tried were fried pickles (frickles) and Parmesan Garlic wings. The wings are large and bone in. I think the Parm Garlic flavor is different than I'm used to at other places. This one seemed to have some buffalo sauce in it. Not positive though. The pickles are pretty good. The service is decent and the place seems to be clean. Parking is probably a hassle on busy nights/days though.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Cleaned off our own table. Went to bar to get our drinks. Still the server had not acknowledged us. People have left. People at next table have waited for over a hour for their food. Some of their group has left for the Hawkeye game. Got our menus . Have sat here for 45 minutes. Drove here specifically for our dinner on the way to the concert. Silly us. Read my other reviews. I am not a negative person but in this case I am.