“Very good brunch”

Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The See-and-be-seen Scene at Bix Bistro and LoungeRelax in the contemporary setting of Bix Bistro, on the first floor of the hotel, offering great food prepared simply and freshly. Accompanied by a side of outstanding service and topped off with a varied beer, wine and spirits menu. Enjoy live music, appetizers and cocktails at Bix Lounge, a perfect retreat after a day of meetings or sightseeing.
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We had brunch this morning at the brix bistro. They had a full house but luckily we had made a reservation the day before. The buffet was not extensive but enough for a hungry bunch. The service was average but it was a good overall experience. Enjoyed the music, food, and company.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Went there for lunch, has a great server, but the food was inedible. We split a sandwich and it was not good at all.
We went again for breakfast and it took half and hour to get oatmeal and eggs. My oatmeal was such that you could stick a spoon in it and it would stand up straight!

Jacob H, General Manager at Bix Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Good morning floribel1,

I want to apologize for your experience. In order to make things right, please reach out to our Bix Bistro Manager at BixBistro@hotelblackhawk.com so we can obtain your contact information. Again, my deepest apologies for your experience, and we look forward to making this right.

At your service,

Jacob Horner

Reviewed 10 June 2017

We took advantage of the fixed price lunch, which included fries, sandwich, and soup, although a salad could be substituted. Excellent food and service.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I had the good fortune to have the Sunday brunch here at Bix. It was one of the best brunches I ever had. The food selection was great, as well as the made to order selection. The staff were wonderfully attentive and the live jazz made everything even better. Take the time to have a look around more than just the lobby if you enjoy older buildings too. I am luck to have a friend in Moline I was visiting and this was her suggestion....I will be back.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

The tat or tots were great. Stay away from the seafood… its Iowa, how far do you think it had to travel? Good local beer selection. Delicious Breakfast

1  Thank Filmcraft