“Not just another foreign restaurant.”
Review of Cafe d'Marie

Cafe d'Marie
Ranked #2 of 310 Restaurants in Davenport
Reviewed 10 November 2017

My friend Kari told me about this place so because she had recently done me a software favor, I returned the favor by taking her to Cafe d'Marie. What a great choice. The waitress was excellent and so was the food. The decor makes me want to return because someone with taste knew something about ambiance. It's a little hidden away, which is unfortunate in my view but on the other hand, the back room makes it more cozy. The staff enjoyed what they did and made the whole place seem remarkably quaint and comfortable. Davenport needs more of this type.

1  Thank Bob L

Reviewed 10 November 2017

It's very eclectic - the seating and tables are outdoor patio furniture. The food is excellent! Everyone raves about the soups. We had a quiche and panini. They were both delicious. I had a blended coffee drink that was as good as Starbucks. We bought some bakery products to go. They were excellent! Friendly and attentive staff. All together delightful!

1  Thank Susan K
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I found this gem online while looking for a birthday lunch location, and was shocked to know I had been missing out all of this time. The French themed café is family owned by a local couple who go above and beyond to ensure every experience is inviting and delightful. The latte and tea selection can't be beat! The quiches are fresh and amazing! The best time to go is right at opening, as the secret is out on what a great place this is! Seating can be tight, but just call ahead for groups and they can get you in no problem!

2  Thank Raina P
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Café Marie was wonderful. Found it on Trip Advisor. Not in a location that's easily happened upon. We arrived with 10 minutes to close but never felt rushed. The atmosphere was interesting, like eating at your friends house, only with way better food. We came to town for a concert, but I would happily make the 2.5 hour trip just to eat here again. Turkey and cranberry Panini was awesome! the wait staff was pleasant and gave us the last of the homemade cake on the house as they were had been closed while we finished our meal. The best food we had while in the Quad Cities. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This restaurant is in an old brick house, which makes it even more fun. Completely out of the normal restaurant scene. Along with that all the food choices are wonderful and the service is great. You just have to try it and let the experience speak for itself!