“So Overrated For artificial preservatives In It”
Review of Whitey's Ice Cream

Whitey's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 12 Dessert in Davenport
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not like what it used to be. I knew they always had xanthum gum added to it, but now they've added other preservatives to it like soybean oil. Soybean oil in ice cream? Are you kidding me? Yuck & gross!!!! One of their flavors is the mint chocolate chip one that used to be my favorite until they put the soybean oil into it. Not only that but I have a soy allergy as well. Looks like no more artificial Whitey's for me. Good luck everyone.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (147)

Reviewed 11 October 2020

i love this place ice cream freshly made ice cream , lots varities of flavours available to choose. will be back

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 22 August 2019

Reading the reviews we had to try Whitey's for ice cream. Even on a rainy night it was packed. The line went fast and the shakes, sundaes and ice cream cones we got we terrific. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 12 August 2019 via mobile

I love ice cream and I cannot lie!
The various flavors are great at all of the Whitey’s we have tried (almost all of them in the Quad-cities area thus far!). The people behind the counter are typically nice, engaging, and willing to talk to you while they work. They provide good sized scoops (because who wants the little scoops!) so you walk away with a pleasant emotion and thinking you received value for the money!
Yum, yum, yum.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 23 July 2019

A family favorite and legend until this week when we actually got to go there and partake of the ice cream and shakes. Almost everyone in our family had the Chocolate Fudge Brownie Shake. It was SO Think and wonderful with lots of chocolate and hot fudge. A MUST stop and try it for yourselves, you will be glad you did!

Date of visit: July 2019