“Great pizza - outstanding service”
Review of Harris Pizza

Harris Pizza
Ranked #164 of 308 Restaurants in Davenport
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

After a family celebration on a Sunday afternoon, many of us planned to go out for pizza. We had called and reserved space for approx 30 guests.

Our pizza was great and the service even better!

Reviewed 8 October 2015

Harris advertises itself as the "world's best pizza." This is not even remotely true. The pizza is just okay. While it may be more homemade than some places, the taste just doesn't put it over the top. The cheese is heavy and good, and that's the only thing going for it. The E Locust facility is very dumpy and not very clean. Dinner buffet at $9.84 including drink is reasonably priced; however, the salad bar is only lettuce, a couple toppings, a couple of dressing choices, pudding, and fruit. Wiseguys or Pizza Ranch would be a much better buffet option.

2  Thank 4grandtravel4
Reviewed 27 August 2015

Harris Pizza has its own special flavor compared to many of your average pizza joints. There have been many copy cats in the QC who try to replicate the pizza but no one who comes close. I love the ground sausage that is used for their sausage pizza. The crust has a nice sweet flavoring to it that makes eating the round edges more appealing! I always order take out from the Harris locations as all the facilities seem a little run down. Nothing about the building are modern and some have some very outdating tables and chairs. However, take out is the way to go. Get your pizza and take it home :)

Reviewed 22 August 2015

We live a little ways outside of town, but we frequently make the trip in to grab a Harris Pizza. They are always consistent, and I still feel have the best sausage pizza around. Dining in is not our favorite experience, so we usually do take out. A can't miss here.

Reviewed 1 January 2015

This is the pizza that the other local places copy. The story is that a number of others learned how at Harris and then opened their own pizzerias. Harris has a number of locations in the area, this one on East Locust Street was handy to me. I ordered carry out. I had to yell though a little opening in a window to be heard over the pizza oven. It is not bulletproof glass, perhaps it is there for hygiene reasons.

Only one table was occupied, glad we did not dine in, the place was depressingly empty. I was not there long enough to see anyone toss a pizza, I assume they still hand toss the dough.

Pizza is presented differently at Harris. Instead of to go boxes, pizzas are packed in tented paper bags. Harris has always cut their pizzas wrong with one slice through the center and the rest perpendicular to it. Some pieces have just a little crust, some have lots. I allow Harris this quirk, I like their pizza.

I have been trying to rank local pizza places and realize that I don't get to eat pizza often enough. Harris, Happy Joe's, and Papa John's all satisfy me and are better than Wise Guys and Pizza Ranch in my book. I have not eaten any other local pizza in decades.

3  Thank hoogo