All reviews rooftop bar top floor usb outlets european style hotel small drawers restaurants and shops hard floors marriott properties front desk lovely hotel saturday morning coffee maker common areas hotel shuttle per day would definitely stay here again first floor
Reviewed 29 May 2018

European style hotel. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Our room had a king size bed and a couch. Bed was very comfortable. There was a small space with some hangers for clothes, a coffee maker, a small refrigerator and two small drawers. Check in staff friendly and efficient. Breakfast can be purchased for $15, its European style buffet with lunch meats, cheeses, quiche, they will make eggs as requested. There is a bar on the top floor with a nice view, good place to have a drink. Indoor parking @ $18 per day. Ours was a 2 day stay. Make sure you have a way to know the time, no clock in room and telephone ring very very low if you need a wakeup call.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Katie K, Manager at AC Hotel des Moines East Village, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to submit your review with us. We always love to hear about guests who have had great experiences with us! We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit!

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Good experience we didn’t stay long - was fairly expensive for amenities. We asked for a special basket to be there and there wasn’t but I didn’t want to complain - my wife didn’t know about it and I wanted to be positive. The restaurant above was best!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Nathan - thanks for your great review. We are sorry for the basket mixup but hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

OK, this is an innovative, concept hotel by a "signature architect." If you don't know that, the droning narrative on the TV every time you turn it on will tell you.

It's still a lovely hotel. The location is perfect and it's lovely.

But I find myself identifying with the little boy in the Emperor's New Clothes story. It's great to have a "concept," but how about getting the basics right. One one man staffed the check in desk and he was stretched way too thin. There was no soap, bath gel, or shampoo in the room -- and when I went down to the desk to ask, they only had shampoo. The door stuck. The drain didn't work in the bathroom sink until I jimmied it open. I asked at the desk for a restaurant because I had to work in the evening -- "We have one on the sixth floor." No, they don't; they have a really lovely bar with VERY limited and basic bar food. Another fail.

Don't tell me about your "beautiful concept" -- show me you are a great hotel. They're falling short there, despite the fact that I liked a lot of it. There is work to do.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Labatt
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Stayed downtown to explore the East Village area. It is excellently located. Hotel is new and decor feels very Euro with sleek fine lines. Rooms are very functional and simply decorated in the same decor. The Republic bar and restaurant on top was a great location to start the night. They serve small plates and the bar had a great view of downtown and an outdoor seating area. Service was excellent at both the restaurant and the front desk. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel as the place to stay in Des Moines.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I want to say that this hotel is clean, very friendly front desk staff, very friendly cleaning staff, and we'll located. I'm not really a fan of the decor however. Industrial chic I think? It had no breakfast, and for the price it should be expected. The rooms have very poor lighting. The elevators are slow in comparison to others of this size hotels. The underground parking does not fulfill the demand. Although it was modern and clean, I was disappointed about the whole overall experience.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business