2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$159
TravelocityUS$159
TripadvisorUS$159
Trip.comUS$172
Orbitz.comUS$159
FindHotelUS$159
All reviews downtown des moines steam room unique decor romance package gas fireplace beautiful hotel hotel bar street noise rooms are spacious within walking distance favorite hotel heart of downtown complimentary breakfast would highly recommend this hotel enjoyed my stay business trip waffles
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2022

This hotel has a good central location in downtown Des Moines. It is small enough to feel comfortable and special. The atmosphere of the hotel and friendliness of the staff are outstanding. The rooms are stylish and comfortable. It is also a very good value. This is my favorite place to stay in downtown Des Moines.

Date of stay: April 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2022

Stayed in a Corner King. First appeared to be a great room. Upon sleeping you can hear all car noises worse that New York or Downtown Chicago. Bed was old with dips and Pillow options below par. Was not a good night sleep. Wouldn't recommend the hotel other than for the location. We won't be recommending or returning to this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 4 April 2022

The room was ok but I couldn’t sleep because of the mechanical issues from the ac unit which was a total nightmare and started at 1 am of all times I couldn’t get any sleep it really sucked and I couldn’t figure out how to fix it but I was so tired I didn’t want to get up

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2022

The experience was great in every way - it is a beautiful hotel, artful, great location, comfortable and clean. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I wish I would have had more time to enjoy all that this hotel has to offer. I want to go back some day and will definitely stay here again when in Des Moines.

Reviewed 29 March 2022

We discovered the Des Lux Hotel four years ago when our son began attending Drake University. We thought we'd likely be visiting every few months - thanks to COVID, we weren't able to make the trip as often as we'd hoped. We love staying here. The hotel is luxurious, comfortable, and well-located in downtown Des Moines. It's an easy walk to restaurants and shops. The rooms are spacious with huge windows and I can't say enough about the beds. A number of the rooms have gas fireplaces, which are easy to use and are a bonus in often chilly Des Moines. Bathrooms are spacious with excellent shower heads and very nice toiletries. Decor is unique and beautiful throughout the hotel. Breakfast is included with your stay and it goes far beyond a typical hotel breakfast. Parking is easy and feels safe in the pay garage across the street. The staff is friendly, welcoming, and responsive. We're excited to return for Drake's graduation weekend in May, but also a little sad that we likely won't return to Des Moines and the Des Lux as often.