All reviews easy access king suite the breakfast area hot tub sofa bedding
Reviewed 29 May 2018

For the price, this hotel isn't bad. It is being renovated, which is much needed. The shower curtain rod in our room was barely hanging on the wall. I felt like it was about to fall off at any minute. The hot tub was maybe half full so the water wasn't being recirculated at all, which was kind of gross. The bed was really comfy and there were plenty of breakfast options. If you're just looking for a place to sleep, this hotel will get the job done.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Hotel staff was friendly but hard to find. Hotel is being remodeled and is not very guest friendly at this time. Room was clean and breakfast was as expected. Location is in an industrial area. OK if staying solo but would not recommend for families.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped at the Baymont after a long day of driving. The hotel was said to be almost full, but it was fairly quiet. It was a mess from renovations, spilling out onto the sidewalk and other areas.
The bedding showed signs of wear. The towels were brand new, including the stick on labels. It would have been nice if they had been washed before use.
Breakfast was the usual make your own waffle, etc. There was fresh fruit that was very good.
I think this hotel was overpriced for and average stay, but not bad.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2018

I was needing a little calm night getaway for a business trip and personal relaxation. This hotel was right in my price range and location. Although the front lobby area was under construction, the service was very sweet. After the remodeling is complete, I plan on using the facility again with the family!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Amy B, Manager at Baymont by Wyndham des Moines North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Dear Jennycarhoff!

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are pleased to know that your stay with us was satisfying. We look forward to hosting your stay again!

Reviewed 10 April 2018

I was very disappointed with my stay. I recently stayed at a Baymont Inn and Suites in Indianapolis and was very impressed with that hotel. That was the reason I booked the same hotel in Des Moines.
I was very disappointed with the quality of the breakfast in Des Moines. There was NO hot food, no hot water to make oatmeal, no fruit except golfball sized oranges. Very different from Indianapolis, which had all sorts of hot food and fruit. If the quality difference from one Baymont to another is this great I will not stay at another Baymont again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends