All reviews baked cookies diy waffles new carpet trade show budget hotel attending an event busy weekend key card bed was comfortable continental breakfast downtown hotel would stay again very nice hotel staff was friendly fairgrounds incidentals furniture
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Room had all kinds of cracks and stains on cover. Bathroom had mildew and hair on floor. I slept on top of bed cover because of how it looked. Bed was made haphazard. Yuck, never again and it makes me not want to go to ANY Econo Lodge again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Missy J, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback. I apologize that your stay was not superior as you or we would have wished for. I will share your review with the staff and use your feedback to help us make improvements in the future. Thank you again for your stay.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

Know what you're buying. It's in the name. "Econo" lodge, meaning it's a budget hotel. The King room I had was very small, and that's ok, because the room was inexpensive. I was provided with a bed, clean linens, a clean bathroom, shower, and toiletries (shampoo, lotion, soap). That's really it. Don't expect more.

Breakfast is provided. Staff was available when you needed them. Be advised I was charged a $25 deposit upon check-in. Most hotels just run it for incidentals, but they put a charge on. Don't know if this is policy or not, your mileage may vary.

Just needed a place to rest my head for the night and this got the job done.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Missy J, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback. We appreciate your business and glad you allowed us to be a service to you while you were in Des Moines.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here during a BMW Motorcycle Rally at the fairgrounds and it was the next best thing to staying on the grounds! Had a great King suite with alcove with couch. TV console was very close to end of bed & could have room could have been arranged to allow more room around the bed! (Not only for asthetics but safety!). Stayed here for four nights. Check in was slow as many attending the rally showed up at the same time and the only had 1 clerk checking hot sweaty folks in! Others were in the area but acted like it wasn't in their job description to help out....would have at least been nice to offer water while we waited! The room had been redone with new carpet, tile, etc but they forgot to look up...the bathroom ceiling in RM 223 was stained & moldy. Butwe would stay again if attending an event at the fairgrounds... literally across the street from the main 30th St entrance!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Missy J, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback. We appreciated your comments, I will have maintenance check out that ceiling today and get the issue resolved! We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I am ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED by the amount of disrespect I recieved. I accidenly made a reservation on Hotels.com and wanted to call to change the date. I was never once rude to this woman who answered the phone. I was told there was no vacancy on the date I needed the room, it was no big deal. I just wanted my money back. She told me she would do it. I called back a few hours later (10:30pm June 23rd 2018) and was told I needed to contact the 3rd party. So I did. When things didn’t work out on that end, we called back and politely asked for help, and she gave us this number 1-800-246-8351... go ahead and give that a call, management. It’s a PHONE SEX LINE. All I wanted was help and THIS IS WHAT I RECIEVED. I hope this girl loses her job, because she obviously cares very little for this job. I was so disgusted, as we were never once rude before this. If this is considered acceptable by this establishment, then best believe I will never stay in one and will tell everybody I can about this experience. I will be calling on management levels and corporate levels if I need to. UNACCEPTABLE. STILL HAVEN’T RECIEVED MY REFUND.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Missy J, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

I would like to speak to you directly about this issue and to ensure that you finally got the refund you have coming to you, unfortunately this doesn't give me your information to assist you. I apologize for the incorrect number, I do believe that wasn't; on purpose though as the number was just off by one, hotels.com's number is 800-246-835 7 not 1. But you should as well have received an email from them as well to assist you. We can not refund your money for you have paid hotels.com not us so the refund you need to speak with them. Again I can try to assist you with that but I need your info to do so. I do apologize that you were not properly assisted in this matter and thank you for bringing it my attention.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Friendly reception by Adam upon arrival, who assigned a quiet room on top floor as requested. The property appears recently updated with new carpet and furniture. A nice contemporary design. Clean room with fridge (no freezer cell) and micro. Not too spacious, but sufficient for a solo traveler. Continental Breakfast included biscuits and gravy. The vending machine was out of several beverage brands. This motel is located on Grant Avenue, which leads directly into Des Moines historical city center and capitol.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Missy J, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback. We appreciate your business and we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope the next time you are in the Des Moines Metro you choose to stay with us!