All reviews mercy hospital wedding reception convention center onsite restaurant pleasant stay bed and pillows free shuttle an older property lobby area room was large coffee maker downtown ihg concert ballroom
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

The smell, that is. From the lobby to the elevators to the hallways - each has its unique stench. Room thankfully is ok unless my sense of smell was numbed by then. The bats flying around the garage was a nice added touch.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank GDFreethinker
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

The wife and I were in town to attend the Impractical Jokers event at the Wells Fargo Center. Nice that this was walking distance to the event.

Due to my status with IHG we were able to get a very nice upgraded room. The service at check-in was excellent, the restaurant and server were very good as well.

The hotel is a bit dated although with everything else being so good it was easy to overlook that issue.

Very good stay. Would not think twice about staying here again.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The food in the restaurant was great!!
The room was what I thought.
No complaints. I may try some other holiday inns but this maybe the one I make home in Des Moines.

I was on the second floor, the lighting was a bit low but still not bad. Brighter light is the only day from me

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Went to the Eagles concert....The hotel may need some updating in the rooms but overall the rooms were very clean. But the price was right for a concert being held in town. Free parking, and a short walk to Wells Fargo. The shuttle service is great the gentleman we had for a driver was A++++. He gave a ride to the Brewery downtown for supper and then a phone call to the hotel and he was there in 5 minutes to give a ride to the concert. So friendly and the shuttle service was SO great. The shuttle service give free rides within a 2 mile radius besides the airport. The hotel staff was very kind, would stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this Holiday Inn in March. They have a policy where the air conditioning only can be ran in the summer (there's a sign in the rooms above the thermostat, thought it was to get people to not overuse the air conditioning). Our room was 77 degrees when we got in for the night. Tried to turn on the air conditioning, regardless of what the sign said, considering it is March and 50 degrees outside...Would not turn on. Called the front desk and all they could offer is a fan. Woke up to a very warm 80 degrees room. NOT a pleasant stay. Do not stay here unless you prefer to sleep in a very warm, stuffy room!!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Hello hatetopackme,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a candid review about Holiday Inn Des Moines DTWN - Mercy Area, IA. I recognize your stay was not 100% satisfactory. IHG values your experience with our hotels. I have sent you a private message so we can gather some additional information regarding your experience. Please allow us another chance to make things right.

Krysllin G