Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Traveluro
US$93
View deal
HIExpress.com
ZenHotels.comUS$103
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2021

Stayed multiple nights, maid/cleaning service is not provided if you are staying more than one night so we had to hang our towels on the shower rod to dry. I wouldn't have had an issue with this but I would think a discount for multiple nights should have been provided if expected services were not provided. Same with breakfast, "grab and go", a sack with an apple or muffin and a piece of fruit if you want it. Yet one of the reasons for choosing this hotel was the expected full breakfast. Again, a service I paid for but didn't receive.

The sleep experience itself was great. Comfortable bed and the hotel itself was quiet.

The rest of the hotel..... As mentioned in other reviews maybe mold? There were black marks in the calking around the tub, as I was checking out I heard another guest mention the same thing about their room. Same with the outside of the property, I also noticed cigarette butts laying around the doorways. The water fountains in the pool were disgusting, I know they might be turned off due to covid but that isn't an excuse not to clean them. Staying multiple nights you notice things that are not getting cleaned on a regular basis.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 26 July 2021

This place made me feel gross just standing in it. Pulled up to the hotel, lots of litter and cigarette butts piled out front. After my husband checked in, they tried to pressure him into a later stay on our return trip through the area. He started telling me about it as we walked to our room but that idea came to a halt the moment we entered out room. It stunk. There were pinkish hand prints on the walls, mystery chunky stains near the trash can and black mold running down the bathroom shower wall. The longer I was in the room the grosser and grosser I felt. Being almost 11 at night and traveling with my 4 kids for the past 12 hours, all we wanted to do was take showers and go to bed. I called the front desk about the mold, they said I can't get another room cuz they are all booked but the phone girl kinda laughed that all the rooms have black mold anyway. I let her know that letting people stay in hotels with mold is illegal where I am from, she then sent a maid up to clean our bathroom and said she would try to get $50 knocked off our room. The maid came up and quickly did a terrible job of cleaning the shower only. My husband still had to clean the bathroom and tried to shower. I couldn't get another hotel room near by and we all had to sleep there. I didn't let anyone sleep under the covers and I didn't sleep a wink that night. Thanks for ruining our rest, ya'll should be ashamed that this is how you do business.

Room tip: don't stay here
Date of stay: July 2021
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dubuque-West, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2021

Dear kathyhJ5330RU,

We always strive to provide a clean and safe environment to all our guests. I'm sorry to see we did not make it on this occasion and I want to offer you an apology for it. I have sent you a PM in case you require further assistance with the matter, and I have notified our manager for immediate attention.

We are always pleased to host you, and I hope you give us another chance to show you we have made the necessary adjustments.

Alejandro G.

Reviewed 1 June 2021

The River Walk is a must-see. I was really impressed by the amount of money spent on this very nice walk and attached museum.

That said, this HIX is nice but the front desk did not always have an attendant and sometimes the wait was just too long.

The grab and go was grab and go and not much.

The room was clean as well as the bath.

Room tip: Stay on the top floor.
Reviewed 15 May 2021 via mobile

Being Covid season still the room looked like it had not been cleaned at all! The floor was dirty, food left in the fridge, dirt inside the sheets. Shampoo was out. So gross. Then while all the restaurants are open and all the other hotels that we stay at like Marriott and Hilton have hot breakfast here they are still doing sack breakfast and limited on one choice of either bagel or muffin. Ridiculous.

Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dubuque-West, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2021

Hello shellshock422,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to write us a review.

I'm sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations on your most recent visit due to the issues encountered with the overall upkeep of the room received and the limited breakfast options. We always strive to provide a pleasant and comfortable stay experience to all of our guests and clearly, we fell short on this occasion. Trust that I have made the hotel management aware of your concerns and I am confident that appropriate steps will be taken to ensure we avoid similar situations from happening again. I also sent you a private message to further reach out to you and obtain more details.

We hope that you will not allow this isolated event to prevent you from choosing us again.

Many thanks,

Jonathan A

Reviewed 7 May 2021

We were in town to visit family but wanted our own space. When you walk in, the couch in the lobby is terribly stained. The lady at the desk was very busy taking calls and we stood there waiting to check in for about 10 minutes, but she was very friendly. The room was okay-some cleaning issues with the bathroom, but it was a good space. The pool was wonderful-very large and a good temperature. The hot tub was very hot. We had an issue with a group of older women coming to do water aerobics in the mornings, which we weren't told about ahead of time, and we would have adjusted our times at the pool had we known as they took up the whole pool. Breakfast was sadly still grab and go bags which weren't the best, but better than nothing. I would probably stay here again when in town.

Date of stay: May 2021
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dubuque-West, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2021

Hi iowakrb,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review because this is one of the ways that let us know where we need to improve. While we are glad to hear you liked the pool, I am sorry for the disturbance you felt from other guests using the pool. Your comments about the level of cleanliness you experienced will not go unnoticed as I have shared them with our management teams to be addressed internally.

Again, thanks for staying with us. We value you as our guest and look forward to your next visit.

Connie D