2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$119
Hotels.comUS$119
PricelineUS$119
FindHotelUS$119
Agoda.comUS$119
Orbitz.comUS$119
1,950 results
All reviews tony romas the river spring break get away diamond jo casino slides arcade museum mississippi conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2021 via mobile

Stayed here for business in past, but mainly week days.
Needed a Hotel close to Museum and downtown. We were in town visiting family for Labor Day Weekend..Thought we’d try the Grand, instead of the other downtown hotels.
Felt like a bait and Switch, hotel advertising $209 but real price $269.
Said we weren’t using Waterpark.
Also said I have the Casino card, but was in my computer case.
I was told my discount would be applied when presenting my card at check in. When we checked in on Saturday afternoon we were greeted by a very unhappy, unprofessional, and borderline rude lady. We were informed that your rate is whatever it is when u called. Nothing could be changed.
Beautiful 7th floor room looking over Mississippi. But the smell, plastic cups and glasses, cheap ice buckets, made me think we were staying at a two star hotel. Also the bathroom had no makeup mirror, dated tub, further feeling like a two star hotel.
Breakfast ladies were very friendly.
For a busy Labor Day the food was stocked nicely. But again plastic and styrofoam, gives the two star feel.
Great location, just needs to let go of 90’s feel, update. Spend some money on training too. Attitude at front desk, sets the mood for your stay.
Thanks Dave and Jan

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 11 October 2021

Thank you for your feedback and I sincerely apologize we did not meet your expectations. There seems to be a little confusion on how our taxes and resort fees are charged. However we will certainly address your above issues immediately. Please contact me directly at 563-690-3233.

Reviewed 13 August 2021

Walked into room and was hit with musty odor. Bed was clean but couch and chair were stained, didn’t feel comfortable sitting on them. Curtains old and dingy. Wallpaper in bathroom peeling off. Room was quiet and staff were good so didn’t leave but not a place I would ever stay again. Website says “free WiFi and complementary breakfast” but final bill has more than $30/day added on for service fee. When I asked what this was for I was told it was for WiFi, Waterpark and breakfast!

Date of stay: August 2021
Management response:Responded 16 August 2021

Thank you for your recent review and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Please call me directly at 563-690-3233 to further discuss that I may get your room information and immediately address those issues. Thank you again.

Reviewed 3 August 2021

This was an adult mother-daughter trip. We stayed here for one Sunday night and enjoyed the views of the river and proximity to Diamond Jo Casino. We did not use the waterpark. We checked in just after 4pm and the process was quick. We stayed in a Jr.Suite and our room was very clean. I noticed some wallpaper starting to peel in the bathroom and the bathroom vent that needed to be vacuumed. Our room had clean floors, tables, sheets, towels and it was obvious our housekeeper took pride in their work. We saw a large family in the room across from us, but never heard noise in the hall while in our room. At this time, breakfast was a full hot continental breakfast. Apples, oranges, hardboiled eggs, little warm donut holes, biscuits, gravy, sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes, juice, milk, coffee, tea, oatmeal, cereal. Our room charge was what we expected, no surprises. We would stay again.

Date of stay: August 2021
Management response:Responded 5 August 2021

Thank you so much for your 5-STAR REVIEW! I will share this with our team and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 19 July 2021

It was the worst experience of any hotel that my family and I have ever had, where to begin.

Lets start with the fees added for each night stayed. Anything that is complimentary or free is not complimentary or free. The breakfast (which isnt that good), WiFi, newspaper, airport shuttle, local phone calls, and everything else stated to be free are all added on to the final bill while the staff will tell you that they are free. Last time I checked free means you don't pay for it.

Both of the first floor elevator doors would not open on 4 occasions while we were in them, we either had to go up to the second floor and then walk down the stairs or on one occasion walk down the stairs from our room on the fifth floor. The staff stated that they were aware of it and maintenance has supposedly taken care of it, however reviews posted months ago state the same issue and yet still it continues to happen now. I can't imagine how difficult it would be for people with physical limitations or disabilities to not be able to use the elevators as well for people trying to getting get all of their luggage down to check out, you would think this would be taken care of so it doesn't continue to happen but it seems the hotel is content as long as the doors work most of the time.

The rooms have cob webs, stunk, and the AC units don't function as they should, we had the unit set on the lowest setting and the room was still uncomfortable to be in.

The waterpark was fun for the kids however the slides are old and worn down. Like the rest of the hotel they need to be maintained better or replaced.

The front desk staff on several occasions openly stated their personal feelings to guests about other guests staying at the hotel. Upon check out the front desk clerk talked about their personal feelings of a family member of mine to me and later while driving home I found out from others that I wasn't the only one that they had talked to. They need to be professional regardless of their personal feelings towards someone are.

The only redeeming quality for the hotel is the restaurant on the second floor, which is why I didn't give a zero on this rating.

The hotel attempts to pass itself off as a 4 or 5 star hotel in reality it is barely a 2 star. With heavy maintenance and updates it can be what it once was. My wife and I had stayed in the Hampton Inn 5 minutes away two weeks prior and had a more pleasant stay there without the waterpark or restaurant. The only reason why we stayed there was because my whole family was staying there. I can say with confidence that neither I or any other member of my family will ever stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: July 2021
Management response:Responded 21 July 2021

Thank you for your feedback. It is obvious we did not meet your expectations and for that I sincerely apologize. WE maintian our park annually by painting and pressure washing as we are aware however this maintenance starts after the summer season. Please contact me directly at 563-690-3233 to further discuss. For point of reference we do have the elevator repair scheduled and unfortunately it is a different repair than before. Thank you again.

Reviewed 18 July 2021

We were visiting family staying at the Grand Harbor today. My wife took her ESA into the pool area where the family members were. After an hour our ESA needed to go outside. As I was taking him back in I was informed by Chontay that they do not allow pets. I informed her that our dog, a Pomeranian was an Emotional Support Animal. She told me that they perform no specific purpose and are not allowed. As far as I 'm concerned, and my family members, they do perform a specific purpose. If they didn't why would you need a letter stating exactly that. Goodbye Grand Harbor. Our family will no longer be staying there..

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 21 July 2021

Dear Brad B, Thank you for your feedback and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Unfortunately we do not accept pets or emotional support animals. This could have been explained better to you but our company policy does not allow them. We do and our mandated to take Licensed service animals. My apologies for the confusion.