Lowest prices for your stay
US$114
Free cancellation until 24/10/21
HolidayInn.com
US$114
Free cancellation until 24/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$104
Expedia.comUS$114
PricelineUS$114
Hotels.comUS$114
All reviews room was clean within walking distance downtown location public areas front desk staff the river hotel restaurant shuttle il museum aquarium ia
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2021 via mobile

Let me first say I’ve stayed here at least 75 times in my years of traveling to DBQ for work. Staff has always been super friendly and makes it very nice to stay here. I also like that there is a bar and restaurant right in the same hotel, that’s bonus I don’t need to leave if I don’t want to. Drinks are cold, food is fine.

Parking is easy with upper deck. Work out room has always been in good condition with some treadmills and free weights. Pool is smaller size but I’m not a pool guy. Looks fine to me.

I’ve never had any issues with my rooms in all the years coming here. It’s always clean and stocked.

My issues with this place are that the public areas (2 in particular) need cleaning attention. The elevator has always been and is always dirty! I don’t get it. No matter which of the 3 elevators you take, there’s always crap on the floors and they are filthy. Layers and years of dirt buildup ever since they remodeled and laid the vinyl floor. It doesn’t take long to scrub a tiny elevator!! This is gross and unacceptable. The walls this time are splattered with drink spray and floors still so sticky and dirty…

Second are is the fitness room. There is years of dust bunny buildup and dust lines across the edges of the floor. It’s never been scrubbed or vacuumed I don’t think in years. This is another management and housekeeping issue that needs to be addressed desperately! The fitness room is an area where bacteria can spread and needs to be cleaned routinely.

Lastly, the table tops in the restaurant have dirt and chemical buildup. You can tell because they are sticky and can scrape your finger nail across the table top and collect junk. This is common with chains like Chili’s and Fridays where they don’t clean table tops; they just spray more chemical on top of dirt and it keeps getting stickier and grosser. Table tops need a big time deep scrub with aggressive sponge and should be kept up!! The door to the men’s restroom in the restaurant is so gross and sticky and covered with dirt residue. You need to clean the doors too!! Spraying disinfectant and wiping builds up residue; you need to CLEAN FIRST.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 26 July 2021

Hostman, Thanks for giving your feedback. I am glad that you have stayed with us so much over the years and I value the feedback on the public space. We are making a focused effort to work on the public spaces of the hotel at an increased rate. I have also shared the comments on the tables with the team in the restaurant. Thanks for letting us know and I always appreciate your continued patronage.

Reviewed 25 June 2021 via mobile

All I can say is it started with Emily at check-in
Warm welcome by Emily
First time at any hotel during checking did the person notice the request on the reservation for a specific room. Emily noticed and reminded me of the room specifics. So nice. She also set us in for breakfast for the next day since I neglected to do so when making my reservation online.
Place was clean, everyone nice.
We will stay here in our next Dubuque visit

Room tip: No
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 2 July 2021

Thanks so much Susan for letting us know about Emily. She does a really great job. I will make sure we recognize her for the extra effort at our next team meeting.

Reviewed 20 June 2021

Nice hotel, nice location.
Warning: We stayed 3 nights June16-18, 2021. There IS an issue.
While the hotel stresses their commitment to sanitizing the rooms, they do not bring new towels or empty wastebaskets or anything in your room for the whole stay UNLESS you request this in advance 12 hours. However, nothing was mentioned about this in our confirmation e-mail, on the web site or in person at check in. We discovered the hard way...coming back to the room the second night and seeing that nothing was done in the room. The front desk threw housekeeping under the bus. They said due to Covid they don't have enough workers to clean rooms. Well, if you don't have enough workers to do the job you don't rent out all the rooms you can get money for or you train the front desk staff to clean rooms or you raise the pay to attract more workers. Don't screw over the guests who are paying full price!!!
Parking is easy. Breakfast $12 voucher must be paid the night before to get $24 in food the next morning (see web site). Pool is the size of my living room. Whirlpool can fit 2 or 3 people. Coffee available all day. Nice dog grassy area near the front door. As noted by others there are no curtains to close to keep the sunlight out.
Dubuque is a nice town. Galena is amazing.

Date of stay: June 2021
Management response:Responded 2 July 2021

Let me first say that I am sorry that the front desk did not make you aware of the cleaning schedule when you arrived. We do like for you to request stayover service as everyone's comfort level is different and not all guests like people to be in their rooms. I appreciate you still commenting on several of our other features. I would like to note that the curtains do in fact close all the way as a black out shade. You just have to pull the second black out shade. I am sorry that your stay was not what either of us would have wanted it to be. I hope we get a chance to make it up to you on a future trip.

Reviewed 10 June 2021

I have never written a negative review, but this hotel deserves one. When we checked in with my daughter and 2 grandchildren, there was an out-of-control group that was partying and allowing there children run wild in the lobby. I have traveled with teams in the past and would never have tolerated that kind of behavior. The room itself was ok, but it took forever for elevators. This is a pet friendly hotel, and that is fine, but the elevator had dog poop in it. The second day, we finally found the extremely small pool free of wild teenagers, so we grabbed our grandchildren and rushed to get in some pool time. It didn't last long when the door burst open and once again a throng of unsupervised kids completely took over. There was also a 3 yr old that was unsupervised and would have drowned if not for my wife seeing the child under water in the hot tub and grabbing his hand and pulled him out. All this took place very close to the front desk and nothing was done! On checking out, we complained, but there wasn't a manager on duty, so they offered a $25 discount. We got the number of someone up the chain and after a hour on hold we expressed our displeasure. To their credit, they did comp our 2 nights.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank john r
Management response:Responded 12 June 2021

John, As we discussed when we talked on the phone, I am sorry about the behavior of the guests at our hotel. I agree the group was out of hand and we have invited them to not return. I am glad we were able to make it right in the end and I hope we get another chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2021

Spent one night at the Dubuque Holiday Inn during the Memorial holiday weekend. Very nice hotel in the middle of downtown Dubuque. Walking distance to many eateries and bars in the downtown area. Close to the casino and river museum. The hotel is inviting with a nice lobby and restaurant. Plenty of parking with the two story parking deck off the back of the hotel. Nice indoor pool, although a little small. Many families there with small children. Our room was clean and quiet. While the bathroom is a nice size, the shower was one of the smallest I have seen in a hotel. We had a good nights sleep on a comfortable king sized bed with great pillows. There is a nice patio connected to the restaurant, with a fire pit. Unfortunately there isn't much seating, and they closed at 9 PM the night we were there. We would have no problem staying at this hotel in the future.

Date of stay: May 2021
Management response:Responded 12 June 2021

Thanks CubsFan. I appreciate you saying how much you enjoyed the hotel. I am glad you got to take advantage of the location and the pool. I hope we get to see you again in the future.