US$109
US$85
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

US$106
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$77
US$75
Landmark Inn(Fairfield)
US$89
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$110
Super 8 by Wyndham Mt Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$76
Quality Inn & Suites(Mount Pleasant)
US$99
Hotel Ottumwa(Ottumwa)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$63
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Considering moving to fairfield so stayed a month at this hotel while scoping out the cities. My room was very comfortable and a good size, loved the fireplace, felt very safe and the staff (especially cindy and tracy) were so friendly and helpful. The service of laundry, breakfasts, mail delivery were all welcomed.
I'm going back to fairfield and maharishi vedic city and will stay there again.

Room Tip: I liked it that my room had two doors, one to the outside and one into the main lobby. Not all rooms are like that.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank carrie W
Reviewed 8 September 2013

While visiting Fairfield we once again chose to stay at the Rukmapura (from Aug. 29th through Sept. 2nd). We loved the quietness and privacy of our suite which was sparkling clean as usual. We had been traveling for about ten days and were very happy with the fact that we had ensuite laundry facilities The staff are incredibly gracious and as always and made our stay very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goodtimegal63
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We booked for one night in this hotel based on the nice pictures and description that they have on their website. When we reached there we were shocked that this hotel is not properly maintained - spider webs everywhere on the porch as you get it, the lights at the reception were off with no one to greet us and there was that "dampness' smell which you smell when a place is not well ventilated. I checked the room which were not cleaned properly and again the same smell there.
I had already booked and could not cancel according to their policy but based on customer dissatisfaction, our money should have been refunded. We did not stay and left. We will never never, never book there again unless they maintain the place and improve on customer service. The reservation agent also had the audacity to say they she travels the world?? and their standard is ok but I am not sure which "world" she was referring - true, this place is out of this world and should not be opened to us humans. This place is not fit for inhabitation.

Room Tip: Try Raj Hotel which is next door
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nano N
Cindy_Fairfield, Guest Relations Manager at Rukmapura Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Guest,

We apologize. You were indeed correct, the outside of the building did have some cobwebs- and we have since washed and scrubbed the entire building outside front and back. It was beyond time to have that done - as out here in the country nature likes to take over if given a chance. Again, mea culpa.

With regards to the cleanliness of the suite, I checked your suite myself prior to your arrival. I check every drawer, cabinet, under every bed and chair to insure spotless accommodations for your arrival. I found it was clean and spotless.

With regards to a "damp smell" you referred to... I didn't notice any smell, and the upstairs 2 room suite with living room that you had booked has French double doors opening onto a beautiful porch, and the air conditioning system works wonderfully. Many of our hotel suites are also equipped with kitchens, could it be someone was cooking something that resembled a damp smell to you?

Regarding Check- in: We try to remember to tell all our booking guests that the front desk is not manned at all times and that there is a self- registration and check-in process. When they are aware of this, it seems to be fine and comfortable. It sounds like you may not have been told this.

We know you felt pretty adamantly about your displeasure with our hotel, but it is booked 90%with year round patrons leasing suites, and so with only 7 or so suites left for nightly, weekly or monthly bookings we have to be very strict with our cancellation policies to insure indefinite bookings are not blocking others.

Even with this rough first time, I hope you can come back and try the hotel again. I think you'll find, especially the suites with the kitchens, gas fireplaces, and long decks, it's like having your own country apartment out on the prairie.

Cindy Jacobsen
Guest Relations/Front Desk
Rukmapura Park Hotel

Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and our three children stayed here recently and we were so pleased to stumble across this jem! It's so rare to find such a spacious hotel suite with a full kitchen complete with pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and a full sized refrigerator. When traveling with small children, it's always a challenge to find a hotel where we can cook our own meals and not eat out every meal. The staff was very helpful and directed us to a quaint organic grocery store in town called Everybodies, where we found everything we needed to stock up for our stay. Also, they told us about a great cafe called Paradiso where we enjoyed local organic roasted coffee and brunch for the kids on Sunday. Overall, we were really pleased with our stay and highly recommend the Rukmapura!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Rukmapura for over a week while visiting family. It is a charming and lovely hotel, run by nice and helpful people. It is a great place to really relax and get away from everything. The views are tranquil, the area quiet, and the sunsets and night sky are amazing. It has more the feel of an Inn or Bed and Breakfast, as opposed to a big name hotel. The area is rural and not as manicured as some might expect. But these traits are all part of the charm, and are pluses in my book. The room was very clean and we were able to get help immediately when one of our lights went out. The staff also told us about an awesome local concert, which we thoroughly enjoyed. The musicians were staying at the Rukmapura. Overall, the best place to stay in Fairfield!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family