“Great Coffee Shop in a Cool Neighborhood”
Review of The Dingo Bar

The Dingo Bar
Ranked #7 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Iowa City
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Very cool little coffee, tea and dessert spot in the Peninsula neighborhood. Located in the same building as Apres, it's a perfect compliment to a very hip area that functions very independently!

Open from 7 am- 5 pm, with ample seating inside and outside, and with very warm and modern decor, this is one of the places that should be on your list of spots to hit - be it for caffeine, chillax time or studying. Hugs plus is the big community playground across the street. It makes it easy for everyone to find something they want to be doing!

Inside, the place seats 20 or so with lots of options for your resting pleasure - couches, retro chairs or standard coffee shop seating. The offerings here are standard with iced and hot options a plenty, espresso and a good cold brew. The food looks excellent and while we didn't have any, the sandwich and salad options look very nice. Anywhere that serves a Fig and Prosciutto Panini or a sandwich called the "Granite and Rainbow" is usually doing something right!

The outdoor seating is brightly colored and there's lots of room for folks to sit. Big plus for it being on the East side of the building - it's nice to sit outside while not being directly in the sunlight.

This is a great spot in a cool part of town! A wonderful addition for those who live here and a great place to visit for those looking for caffeine laden places to study or relax.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I have been here twice in just a few days and was very pleased on both occasions. The first time I had the sweet ricotta toast and the artisanal veggie breakfast sandwich. Both were wonderful. I took half the sandwich home for my son and he raved about it. My daughter had the Italian panini and really liked it. Today my husband and I had the grilled cheese with Kalamata olives and roasted red bell peppers. Another huge hit. The service was very friendly and our sandwiches did not take long. The prices are quite reasonable. I love the cozy atmosphere. Lots of windows, and if we ever have a nice day, there are outside tables. I would highly recommend this delightful neighborhood restaurant.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Couldn't ask for anything more in a coffee bar! In the heart of the Peninsula neighborhood, the uniqueness of the Dingo Bar matches that of the neighborhood. Cool, friendly vibe with great coffee - the Americano and Batch Brewed Coffee are my go-tos. I've barely scratched the surface on the breakfast-lunch menu, but my favorites so far have been: really any of the toast bar options and the Spicy Italian Panini. Several creative seating options make for good use of the space and I've never had a problem finding a seat. The Dingo Bar name has literary roots and there are two floor to ceiling bookshelves that contain classics down to kids books. The outside seating is perfect to experience the sights and sounds of the Peninsula, plus, it's a great spot for parents to relax while kids play in the park/playground, literally across the street. Bike rack across the street too. Will be back soon!

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

A bit out of the way, I had heard of Dingo Bar and searched it out. It was worth it. It's a very cool little place, in a quiet neighborhood. Service was great. The espresso drink I had was prepared perfectly. A unique offering is their "toast bar" where they prepare a nice slice of artisan toast in many ways. I had the ricotta honey cranberry and cinnamon toast and I am still thinking about it a week later. The only downside to Dingo bar is that it is smaller, and I prefer a comfy chair to relax in. Love this place.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

Stopped in for a quick coffee and stayed to enjoy the breakfast food. Loved the fresh brewed coffee and had a wonderful artesian sandwich. My wife enjoyed the flavored toast. Fast and friendly service. Nice quiet area.