“The very best sandwiches in Johnson County ”
Review of Her Soup Kitchen

Her Soup Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 275 Restaurants in Iowa City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped for lunch today. They have the freshest soups, salads, and sandwiches. Everything is made to order fresh and fast. They have an excellent Gluten Free and non dairy menu. They use real mozzarella cheese in there sandwiches, plus real iced tea. Everything is good, plus a fresh cookie section. They are in to it here. Thanks

Reviewed 17 April 2018

My wife and I visited Her Soup Kitchen around 1:30pm on Friday, April 6th. This was my first visit. We could just barely get in the door, as the line for ordering food was backed up to that point. And it was very busy. It did not take very long to place our order and grab a seat. I ordered the Steak Sandwich, and I had the Beef Chili to go with it. The meal looked amazing and it tasted as good as it looked. I devoured the Beef Chili and only ate half of the delicious Steak Sandwich. I did take the other half of my Steak Sandwich home, and again as a leftover, it reheated perfectly and tasted even better. Those that we interacted with at Her Soup Kitchen were very nice. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and of course will return.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Great grilled chicken sandwich and side salad. Excellent flavors. Cucumber water was a great addition.
Staff was very friendly and fast service. Will return

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I think it’s a little overpriced but it’s local so I get it. The chicken sandwich was very tasty, but the half was small, very small. Probably a 3”x3” sandwich. It did include a salad. All for $10. Very tasty though. The cookies too. Friendly staff working today. I’ll go back.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I stopped for lunch because of the high rating on trip advisor. The experience was great. My wife and I split the chicken salad and grilled cheese sandwiches. We also split the beef chili and corn salsa tortilla soups. Every bite was delicious. My new favorite when visiting Iowa City.