“Dive, but in a good way”
Review of Thai Flavors

Thai Flavors
Ranked #71 of 286 Restaurants in Iowa City
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 18 October 2016

This is not fine dining - the chairs are uncomfortable and the tables kind of sticky, but the food was very good. I ordered a panang curry and they customized it for me - delicious, but spicier than I ordered. There are meat and vegetarian options. The crab rangoon appetizer was very weird - very thick and chewy instead of light and crispy, and filled with cream cheese and sweet sauce. They should revamp it into true crab rangoon or just stop serving it. I love Thai food and would rate this on the lower end of most Thai restaurants I've been to - not sure I'd go back.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I've been coming to this restaurant and ordering takeout for over a year now and never have I had a problem until today. I ordered what I always order, Red Curry which comes with bamboo, green beans, bell peppers, and sweet basil. I order that with no bell peppers and add potatoes. We ordered for take out and my curry had no potatoes, no green bean and it came with pineapple. Now I live right above the restaurant, so we went down and talked to the chef. He gives me another curry with carrots, potatoes, onions still no green beans and now barely any Bamboo. We go down again and the lady who took our order over the phone now tells us that there has been a change of the menu online. How was I suppose to know this when ordering? And then the same girl who took our order puts the blame on the "new" servers and the "new"chef. But yet she was the one who took our order. I understand that my order could've gotten mistaken with the pineapple curry but to mess up my order two times is ridiculous. I hope they figure out this mess out soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

My wife and I visited Thai Flavors around 5:30pm. It was fairly busy when we arrived. And it was very busy by the time we left. We were greeted right away and seated at a table towards the middle of the restaurant. Our server was wonderful! She was a joy to visit with and took great care of us during our visit. We both ordered the Drunken Fried Noodle. (spicy dish) I had pork as my choice of meat. Even as busy as it was when we arrived, our food arrived in no time at all. And it was oh so very yummy! And a generous serving. Took about half of it home as leftovers. The price is right too. This dish seemed very, very spicy. It just took a little bit to get used to the spice. All in all a great visit. And we will certainly visit again.

1  Thank iowacityia
Reviewed 2 August 2016

good decorum. nice food, very kind staff. Portions were very good and was nice and filling when we left the restaurant.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

I just like the folks here, and the quiet is nice, with no TV and no music...thank you, so rare!. The food is tasty and reasonably priced. For dinner we had the fresh spring rolls...really a salad in a rice wrap, very fresh and enjoyed the ginger sauce. The appetizer rice noodle soup with pork and many cooked vegetables was a deal and just the right size. My dinner mate had the pineapple chicken fried rice and said it was the best in town. These four dishes and pot of tea was $26. Good deal!