All reviewsdaissy oweniowa riverprivate bathworld travelstwo twin bedsshared bathroomevery summerhome away from homequiet cul de sacprovided greatinteresting photostasty breakfastgreat conversationhistoric districtjazz festivalvisit iowa citymy daughter
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Daissy is a great host; very knowledgable, super friendly, and delightful. The house is nicely appointed, and breakfast is always a treat. There were vegetarians in our party, and Daissy took good care of them. This was my second stay, and I hope to return.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, there are two large rooms with baths that are beautiful.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Daissy was a wonderful host, very welcoming and fun to talk to! She has been all over the world, so really fun to see photos and hear stories about her travels. The home is located in a beautiful neighborhood. Daissy is very passionate about her bed and breakfast and the guest she serves. Very lovely to meet!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2018

This was my second stay at this B&B. Daissy is welcoming and full of wonderful stories about her travels of the world. She makes you feel comfortable and after a few hours you feel like you have made a new friend. My husband and I visited our daughter in Iowa City where she is attending school. Daissy invited our daughter to have breakfast with us on one of the mornings we were there. What a thoughtful thing to do! I definitely recommend staying with Daissy.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Bella Vista lives up to its name inside & out. Daissy infuses her home with love & care, joyfully sharing photos & stories of her travels travels circling the globe. Breakfast is always delicious. Walking distance from everything yet tucked in the lovely historic district. Charming from the moment you drive up on the brick roadways. Enjoy!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Daissy O, Owner at A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Greetings Andrew:

It was a pleasure to have had you in my home. Thank you for your kind words.

I look forward to be of assistance in the future.

All the best,

Daissy Prada Owen

Reviewed 15 October 2017

My mother and I were looking for a nice bed and breakfast in Iowa City. We enjoy going to Bed and Breakfasts as often as we can. After looking at another B&B online and trying to contact them to make a reservation, I got no response. Still wanting to find a B&B in Iowa City I found A Bella Vista. I sent an email and got a response on the same day. Daissy answered my questions about stairs and about how to reserve a room. It was close to my daughter's apartment, which was a bonus. We took one of the rooms available and we were set.
Meeting Daissy was very pleasant. I immediately noticed her many, many colorful photographs displayed throughout the home. Everything about the stay was just as much fun as the photos. We would easily go back again. Thank you, Daissy!

Room Tip: Our room was "petite" and comfortable. It suited our needs for the stay.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Debbie:

I am so glad you found my b&b, I truly enjoyed having you and your mother in my home and visiting with you was fun.

I look forward to your next visit.
Best,