A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast
US$76
US$65
US$145
  • Restaurant
Iowa House Hotel(Iowa City)
US$104
Hotels.com
Brown Street Inn(Iowa City)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdaissy oweniowa riverprivate bathworld travelssharing storieswonderful storiestwo twin bedsshared bathroombreakfast was delicioushome away from homequiet cul de sacfelt like homeprovided greatcomfortable visitglass of sangriainteresting photosgreat conversation
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

I had an amazing stay with Daissy at A Bella Vista! Daissy’s B&B was a quiet, safe and restful retreat for me on my weekend visit with my daughter who attends the University if Iowa. Her location is wonderful! The quiet cul-de-sac is off the beaten path, but close enough to walk downtown if you don’t want to drive. Breakfast was delicious and Accomidating to my schedule. Daissy’s company was wonderful as well! If you want to learn more about traveling, go visit Daissey! She has traveled around the world and her decor speaks to that! Lovely photographs that she took on her trips adorn her home. I would highly recommend her B&B. I told her when I left, I feel like I’ve made a new friend in Iowa City!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2018

This was our first visit to Iowa City and my wife and I are very happy we chose to spend 4 nights with hostess Daissy at A Bella Vista in February 2018. We had a ground floor suite that was very large, comfortable and with private bath and 2 beds. The breakfasts were delicious. Our hostess was very friendly and extremely helpful. We would surely stay here again if we return to Iowa City.

Room Tip: If you want a large space, a private bath and more than one bed, choose the ground floor suite.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Daissy is a great host; very knowledgable, super friendly, and delightful. The house is nicely appointed, and breakfast is always a treat. There were vegetarians in our party, and Daissy took good care of them. This was my second stay, and I hope to return.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, there are two large rooms with baths that are beautiful.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Daissy was a wonderful host, very welcoming and fun to talk to! She has been all over the world, so really fun to see photos and hear stories about her travels. The home is located in a beautiful neighborhood. Daissy is very passionate about her bed and breakfast and the guest she serves. Very lovely to meet!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2018

This was my second stay at this B&B. Daissy is welcoming and full of wonderful stories about her travels of the world. She makes you feel comfortable and after a few hours you feel like you have made a new friend. My husband and I visited our daughter in Iowa City where she is attending school. Daissy invited our daughter to have breakfast with us on one of the mornings we were there. What a thoughtful thing to do! I definitely recommend staying with Daissy.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family