“Absoltely Amazing!!”
Review of Brown Street Inn

Brown Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Iowa City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I had been looking for a place to stay and have our wedding when I came across the Brown Street Inn. And let me say, WOW, it is a very beautiful B7B that is very warm and welcoming!! Mark, the owner is just amazing and helped us with everything and anything that we needed. His breakfast is wonderful and the cookies he makes and leves out..well..mmmmmmm!!! I could just go on and on about this plave and i still couldn't say enough for this place. Like you I read reviews and I am so glad it influenced me to go here. If your going to Iowa City, it is a must stay place and amazing for a wedding!!!

Room Tip: all the rooms are beautiful so you will be happy with any choice you make
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 December 2011

The B & B I used to go to closed. Brown Street Inn was truly a great replacement and I would stay there every time I was in Iowa City. Great location, I felt so at home there, and Mark was so great and loving. Wonderful breakfast, small refrigerator in room, cookies at night, stocked water, soda, tea and coffee! I was so am still am sad about the retirement of my old B & B but this one is excellent and truly made me feel at home. I spent time downstairs in the living room, etc. when I got home from work and I just felt so comfortable walking around, being near the fireplace and looking at Mark and Bob's wonderful home. It is truly a great experience! In three months I will return there for work. Natalie

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2011

This is one of the best Beds & Breakfasts my wife and I have stayed in and we have stayed in many. The house is charming and beautifully decorated. The hosts are charming and very accommodating. We stayed in the Red Room; it was large, very comfortable. The breakfasts were first rate. The neighborhood is charming (right next to the house where Kurt Vonnegut once lived.) Iowa City is a pleasant Midwestern town. There is no reason not to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank amishlaw
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I highly recommend this charming B&B in a historic neighborhood in Iowa City. I stayed at the Brown Street Inn while visiting my daughter who lived down the street. She knew I would love it by the front porch and she was right. Very cozy, homey - the fireplace burning in the library with plenty of easy chairs to relax in. The rooms were period decorated, beds comfortable, pillows great. Water & tea on a chest in the hallway. Breakfast was a treat of homemade bakery goods from nearby with fresh butter & local jams.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed for three nights at the Brown Street Inn while moving my freshman into the university. The Inn is the utmost in comfort. I was in the Red Room which is very large and beautifully decorated. Mark did a fabulous job of making my stay comfortable and relaxing. The large front porch is a great place for reading and I imagine a winters day by the fireplace in the livingroom would be lovely. It is in a quiet neighborhood, close to the university, but away from the crowds. I look forward to another visit.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
#2 of 7 in Iowa City
1.3 km away
hotelVetro: studio suites & convention center
3.1 km away
2.6 km away
Travelodge Iowa City
Travelodge Iowa City
#4 of 7 in Iowa City

Been to Brown Street Inn? Share your experiences!