“Burger night”

Applebee's
Ranked #34 of 90 Restaurants in Mason City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Stopped on a Monday night and found out (without the waitress telling us) it was burger night where all burgers and fries are 1 price.

Had the "brunch burger" was very good but somewhat of a sloppy mess while eating it. Who would have thought a burger with an egg and hash browns would taste good? The fries were some of the best I have ever had at Applebee's. The food and value with the cheap burgers was going to be a 4 dot experience.

Bad waitress experience! 1st, never told us about the special. 2nd, after we noticed the special asked for a couple of minutes to look again at the menu but disappeared for a much longer time. 3rd, placed our order and shortly after that noticed a guy walk in and sit at the bar and order a meal. He had his meal and was mostly finished by the time our food came out. 4th, she stopped within a minute after someone else delivered the food and asked how things were. How do I know? I haven't even taken a bite! 5th, she didn't stop back until bringing the check and then asked if we needed refills on our drink and we did, too late now. 6th, I could see into the entry of the west kitchen doorway and most of the time I seen her standing there doing a bunch of nothing except talking to other staff. Seemed work was too much effort for her that night.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We had kind of given up on Appebee's in the last few years after some bad experiences (not Mason City). Service and food were both very good as was the margarita, Guess I'll have to go back more often.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

applebees is not my first pic for restaurants to go to in Mason City. The reason why is because the had to many vegetable into there main dishes and do not have wine coolers. I do like there appetizer platers and their house salad but other then that their is not much that I like on there menu.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Applebee's is a predictable restaurant with items that I return for. The grilled chicken salad is such an item. I ordered the dressing on the side. Good iced tea. Numerous promo meals were available.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Not my favorite chain restaurant, but way better than fast food options!! Waitress was good and came out hot!