“Best Mexican Restaurant”

Add it.
Plaza Mexico
Ranked #20 of 88 Restaurants in Mason City
Reviewed 2 May 2017

My husband & I come here all the time, we grew up eating Mexican food in CA and this is the closest we can find to authentic. Their carne asada is delicious, chile rellenos are amazing! I really like their shredded chicken in dishes too! Everything I've ordered from here is great. Also their soft tacos are grilled on the outside, which is really good too. They have good chips & salsa, guacamole is made fresh, always refill drinks...
We have been to lots of mexican restaurants in the midwest that cover the food in this gooey cheese sauce which I hate, tastes like melted plastic
This place puts real cheese on their food.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Came in and stuck to the floor and then slid in patches. Salsa served with chips tasted like spaghetti sauce. Rice and beans had no flavor. Tamale had too thick of corn meal covering to taste filling. Enchilada was soggy but chicken was good. Burrito meat had good flavor but again soggy bottom so couldn't pick up and ate with fork. Chile relleno was really flattened and had parmesan which was odd but not bad. Shrimp crema had shrimp which was cooked perfectly but sauce really bland. It seemed like a greek or italian cook was in the back...?

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Shrimp salad is best i have had,my wife enjoys the enchiladas and soft taco s
Our favorite mexican stop

Reviewed 24 January 2017

Great service has always been the hallmark of this place. Most of the food is on par with any other Mexican restaurant in town. The Cadillac Margarita is a powerful thing. You get an already strong marg. with some more tequila and Gran Marniet - Really Gran Gala. Try three and posting bail.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

Very good food, some of the best Mexican I have ate in this area.

I did not care for the salsa they served with the chips, no substance, no flavor, more like colored water. However my wife liked it as she is usually complaining about how salsas are too think and chunky.

Service was very good except for 1 thing. When grabbing our glasses for a refill on water our waitress picked them up by putting her fingers inside the glasses and "pinching" them to pick them up. Kind of gross. Better to bring a water pitcher to the table.