“Good value, generous servings of good food”
Review of Plaza Mexico

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Plaza Mexico
Ranked #21 of 90 Restaurants in Mason City
Reviewed 15 August 2018

We stumbled across Plaza Mexico while traveling and enjoyed our meal there. It features an extensive menu with generous servings of good quality Mexican food for what seemed to us like very reasonable prices for what we got. (We're from the metropolitan Washington, DC area, where the prices may be higher generally.) The ambience was perfectly fine, but I wouldn't call it very fancy. The food was good but I wouldn't call it haute cuisine. There was authentic Mexican music playing on the sound system. I had a meal-sized seafood soup for about $12. It had fish, shrimp, scallops, vegetables etc. The crab may have been Krab, but it was enjoyable and an excellent value. My wife had a beef quesadilla meal and it was a huge plate of food for a very reasonable price. Free chips and salsa, and when we asked for some guacamole with the chips it was brought promptly, and we found no extra charge for it on the bill. If we lived nearby, we'd return from time to time.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

A great eat for authentic Mexican. We eat there frequently and are rarely not completely satisfied. They really want you to enjoy your food and enjoy your experience.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Great service!
Food was good. We are used to a bit more spice; a bit bland. Still Good!
Margaritas - very tasty!! Margarita Thursday.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I agree with "Sticky Icky", the floors are weird. Step in 1 spot and it is like walking on ice even though they looked clean and dry. Turned the corner to be seated at our booth and about fell on my butt.

Chips and salsa were good, the time I was there the salsa wasn't loaded up with cilantro that most places add that overpowers the taste.

Other food was good with large portions.

-1 dot for the unsafe floors.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

My husband & I come here all the time, we grew up eating Mexican food in CA and this is the closest we can find to authentic. Their carne asada is delicious, chile rellenos are amazing! I really like their shredded chicken in dishes too! Everything I've ordered from here is great. Also their soft tacos are grilled on the outside, which is really good too. They have good chips & salsa, guacamole is made fresh, always refill drinks...
We have been to lots of mexican restaurants in the midwest that cover the food in this gooey cheese sauce which I hate, tastes like melted plastic
This place puts real cheese on their food.