All reviews new owners sunday lunch one night burger the pub full english booked a table bar area closure suite success dorset venue cereal accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

The place itself is nice enough, friendly staff, plenty of parking etc but the menu on their website is not correct, due to covid the actual menu is about half the size and very basic.... we’ve been living under restrictions for over 6 months now have had plenty of time to adjust the kitchen and staff so I’m really not sure taking over half the menu away is really justified. The food we had (burgers and cod and chips) was nice but very disappointed with the lack of choice.

The other thing I found odd were their strange covid regulations, they wear visors not masks which are proven to be virtually useless but refuse to hand out or take anything from you, it all has to be placed on their tray (even when collecting plates which are then taken to the kitchen and clearly touched when being taken off the tray...

Overall we had a nice meal but disappointing lack of choice and very misleading that the website, confirmation email etc hasn’t been updated with the new menu

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2020 via mobile

Spent a lovely night here with my partner. The staff were so friendly and helpful, the room was amazing and the food was excellent. We will definitely book again if we come back round that way. Thank you for making our weekend perfect.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2020

We were visiting the area, and booked a table in the garden for 5 people on the weekend that the Greyhound re-opened following the Covid closure. We had carefully selected a safe venue as we wanted to sit outside, we were so pleased with our choice. The garden area was perfect for social distancing, with round table surrounded by hedges which separated us from others. We ordered all our meals and drinks using the Greyhound App, the table service was provided by the friendly Nathan. We ordered 4 roast dinners and a Hunters chicken, the food was all delicious and fairly priced as were the deserts which followed.
As we enjoyed it so much, we returned later in the week for our final meal before we returned home after a week away.
Thank you for making our first meal out post lock down a safe and delicious one!

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 25 January 2020 via mobile

We have stayed at The Greyhound before whilst visiting our son and had a very good stay, no complaints. We have since learnt that new owners are now on board. My husband stayed again this month for a couple of nights. He wanted me to say that the accommodation is just as good and even better, the food is great. We wish the business success in the future.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2019

I rang the Greyhound about six weeks prior to the date I wished to book, and I thought everything was great, room arranged with no problem. BUT there was a problem, when I rang to confirm just one week before the date, I was told that no booking had been made! I was even told I must have phoned the wrong number...really? then how come I rang the same wrong number again to be informed of this? This booking (or non-booking) was part of a birthday party for a close friend, and I later found out that exactly the same had happened to another couple, maybe they phoned the wrong number too :( ?
As it happened we had a lovely stay at a farmhouse B&B, along with the other couple who were told we'd never actually reserved this place. Would I ring them again? not on your life. Just relieved I checked the booking (it was the only phone number I had) before we turned up after a five hour drive!

Room tip: Book somewhere else
Date of stay: July 2019