Budget Inn & Suites Colby
US$54
US$49
Motel 6
US$55
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswafflespicnic tablesthe managersceiling fanhis wiferoom was cleangreat pricefree wifitraveling throughlate arrivalplace to sleepnon smokingan older hotelnice tvchain hotelsfelt safeslept great
Reviewed 8 March 2016

This is the best bang for your buck you can find in Colby. The rooms were very clean, including the bathrooms, there wasn't noise at night, and the staff was friendly. In addition to that, there was a complimentary breakfast that included waffles! Overall a great stay and would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Barry D, Manager at Budget Inn & Suites Colby, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2016

It is such a joy to receive such favorable comments from our guests. We are a budget friendly facility and follow the basic rules of providing a clean, comfortable room with most modern amenities for a restful night. Guest like you are always welcome and we are glad that you appreciate our "down home country style hospitality.
We thank you and hope to see you and your friends when you travel through Colby again

Reviewed 2 March 2016

It's a nice clean hotel. Obviously it's a little old but overall it's well kept up and a very nice place to simply lay your head for a night. I'm of the opinion that when you review a hotel you should review based on reasonable expectations. Based on that this hotel far exceeded what I expected. I traveled to CO with my dog and my 2 year old daughter and the hotel was perfect for what I needed. Large room so I could put my daughter in her crib and still be able to use the room. The only complaint about the room would be that the "dog" rooms and the "smoking" rooms are the same so if you have a dog but don't smoke expect to have a lingering stale smoke smell after you leave.

The highlight of my trip had to be that I actually left my iPad in the room after I left. I was 100 miles away and the clerk called me to let me know they had found it. I know it doesn't seem like much but it could have easily just "disappeared." Not only did he call about my iPad he also called after I'd been in my room for about 15 minutes just to make sure everything was up to par in the room.

Definitely a place I'd stay again, it's affordable, clean and has a very friendly staff. Highly recommended. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because of the smoke smell.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

We wish to thank you for your honest and candid review. Guests like you inspire us to continue to provide the best service and hospitality.
We certainly wish to apologize for the lingering smell of smoke in your room.
Most of our rooms are smoke free, allergy free and pet free. We take great pride and have the best exterminator that ensures that these rooms are really fresh and clean. Most of our repeat customers appreciate that we do not allow pets and smokers to even step into these rooms. Most 5 star hotels that advertise that they are smoke free allow smokers to stay in their rooms and we hear from our guests that they pay 3 times more than what we charge for our rooms and yet they are subjected to smoke and pet odor in their rooms.
We also have some pet friendly rooms and smoker friendly rooms and try very hard to keep them odor free. We ask guests to refrain from smoking in rooms but our request is often ignored. Our apologies once again. We shall take measures to make sure that rooms are completely odor free, We look forward to your next visit and promise a clean odor free room for you.

Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

I travel for work. I have to stay very extended times on the road. In my years on the road, I have never found such fair prices. Weekly rates are the most fair I have ever encountered. The service is daily. Some places I have paid double or triple have only given room service 2 or 3 times a week with extended stay. The staff was the nicest I have personally encountered, and working on the road that's a lot of people. I would refer anybody to stay here. Clean. Great service. I appreciate them here.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

We wish to thank you for your wonderful comments. You had become and part of our family and we shall dearly miss having you stay with us.
If all our guests were kind and respectful like you, it would make our work a joy.
Guests like you inspire us towards our goal of providing 100% guest satisfaction and we surely look forward to your next visit.
Our sincere thanks and we shall miss you

Reviewed 23 February 2016

My wife and I are both retired military officers. We can certainly afford much nicer motels during our many vacations, but we like to spend evenings at quaint places to see if we can experience some Americana from days past.

I agree that the room was dated and the breakfast not of the quantity and variety like what many people expect. WE don't expect much at budget hotels other than a safe room, a clean room, and people at the front desk that treat me with respect. Of these mentioned qualifications, Budget Inn & Suites fit the bill for the price and our liking to experience a wee bit of yesteryear.

Folks, you chose a BUDGET motel. Quitcher, as in quit your whining. Expect more, pay more.

We found the managers, Barry and Rekha Desai, to be honest and pleasant. They were quite demonstrative in verifying OUR being honest about us NOT smoking [we do not]. I'm sure they have been lied to in the past by many travelers who lied and did smoke in their non-smoking rooms. We liked the fact that our room DID NOT reek of stale cigarette smoke. Thank you Barry and Rekha for being vigilant.

The room facilities were simple and dated but very clean. We slept well on their bed. A point to note: on the day we stayed there while traveling from Illinois to Pagosa Springs, CO, most of the units were rented.

We have a mantra when traveling: if the restaurant or motel looks dated or looks like a dive but the parking lot is full - don't judge a book by it's cover. The food is probably better than you think and the room good for the price. On that note, I had a blond afro when entering the military and honorably served as an enlisted and officer, retiring as a senior officer.

Barry and Rekha, rest assured, we'll be back to enjoy your quaint little rest stop in the future.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

We thank you for a wonderful detailed review. How can we thank you enough? You stated everything that we like to say and more.
We could not have stated it better. We are from the "old school" and pride ourselves in providing exactly what you stated and guests like you that understand the mantra and appreciate our hospitality make our day.
We look forward to having you again and again.
Thank you very much indeed.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

Traveling cross country and looking for a clean place to sleep. When we called to confirm our reservation, we were told we had a smoking. Neither of us ever smoked and can't stand the smell. When I asked the angry sounding man if we could get a non-smoking room or cancel the reservation, he said no again and hung up on us. Called Hotels.com and he sent a cancellation but the hotel will not honor it and refuses to credit us. So many other places to stay, wouldn't go there or to any Budget Inn now.

Room Tip: Best tip is to go anywhere else
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Mickey O

Here we go again.
We NEVER bit and switch. You reserved a smoking room and this was clearly stated in the confirmation you received from Hotels.com.
Further note that we have detailed communication from the agent at hotels.com that stated that you attempted to cancel the reservation after the cancellation deadline had passed. You were also informed by hotels.com that your reservation confirmation clearly states the cancellation policy and informs you exactly what you had booked. You had plenty of time to make changes to your reservation but did to abode by the policy.
You do not wish to admit that you chose the smoking room because it was the least expensive room> you get what you pay for and what you select.
We are fortunate that most of our guests are good, honest and decent folks that appreciate our hospitality and like our affordable rates.