“Throw up & Headaches”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stopped by the Stadium club for a quick drink after a long day of road travel. We were staying at a hotel in walking distance. When we entered, wary and ready for a beer, we went straight to the bar and ordered. While the beer was being poured, we realized that there was a persistent stench of vomit throughout the facility. We decided to drink our beers as quickly as possible and leave. While we were doing so, we were entertained by a DJ who was playing early-2000 Top 40 tunes accompanied by seizure-inducing light effects (perhaps the cause of the puke-smell?)

Very few people were there on a Saturday night, and we quickly understood the reason. I felt a little bad for the DJ who was clearly trying his best to bring some sort of atmosphere to a place that would normally have the atmosphere of a rehab lavatory.

1  Thank VivoDavvero

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I had dinner at the bar, the bartenders were nice, friendly, and attentive. Could've lived without the disco lights but it was Friday night in Hays, KS! The restaurant was the only place in the hotel that didn't smell musty from the pool, I guess it has a separate air system. Standard bar food, not bad at all.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I was wary about trying this place because of previous reviews - but I am so glad I did! First I ordered an appetizer of fried pickles..those were amazing! Then I had a chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy, and that was equally amazing.

The staff was very friendly to me and my 7 month old while we waited for our to go order, and made us feel very welcome!

Great place!

Reviewed 21 December 2012

It was all right for considering its location. I had the chicken fried chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. The green beans were not so good, my husband ordered a bacon double cheeseburger and it was alright.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

I popped in here for a drink after getting my work done one night. There was a big assortment of people from road crews to business men so it was obviously a bit loud...but it's a bar, what do you expect?? The drinks were good and the service was fantastic. If you are staying at any of the hotels surrounding this place it's a quick and easy place to have a nice drink before turning in for the night and since it isn't a college kid hangout it has a more mature atmosphere which was nice.