“Refreshing Stop!”

Soda Shoppe Cafe
Ranked #32 of 95 Restaurants in Hays
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We were shopping and it was hot. We decided to stop for an ice cream and this was a great place to stop. I especially enjoyed having a choice of soft serve or hand scooped ice cream. I had a hot fudge sundae and it was delicious. The waitresses were happy and friendly.

What made this a highlight of our stay in Hays was a simple matter of asking a question. My sister asked our waitress (I'm sorry I don't know her name) about the limestone churches in the area. Instead of just saying she didn't know, she went to another booth and spoke to a local patron she called Papa Bear. He joined us in our booth and told us about the Cathedral on the Prairie. This Soda Shoppe is a hidden treasure and one of the things that make Hays a special place.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Their homemade ice cream is outstanding and the real chunks of strawberry created the most flavorful, thick shake in my 65+ years! We will definitely be back. Ashley provided outstanding and friendly service.

1  Thank johnmks2017
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

I discovered this place by pure accident. It is located inside a building with an antique shop and office supply store. The service was excellent, the coffee hour and a decent salad bar. Process were reasonable and they had a good selection of sandwiches. The grape tomatoes were not ripe and a bit sour.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Love the fresh ingredients at this little cafe. The salad bar is the best in Hays and there is so much variety on it. Everything in this place is delicious.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

Good daily food special great salad bar good home made soup awesome stakes old ime Shakes ..good pice fo lunch food.

Been to Soda Shoppe Cafe? Share your experiences!