“A pleasant surprise”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 July 2017

While we were eating, we tried to remember the last time we had been at an IHOP and it has been many years. We were impressed with several things at this restaurant.

When we arrived at the location, the parking lot was practically full - and it wasn't particularly meal time. Would we have to wait to be seated? We were greeted at the door by a friendly smile and cheerful words. We were seated immediately. This place seats far more people than it would appear from the outside.

The menu was much more extensive than we expected. It's not just pancakes! We ordered the appetizer sampler and everything on it was cooked perfectly and quite delicious. It would in itself have made a large meal.

My wife had a waffle which she said was pretty good - perfectly done for a waffle. "Somebody knew what they were doing when they made that waffle." She appreciated having four flavors of syrup available right on the table.

I ordered the country fried steak. It came with soup or salad. I ordered the "loaded potato" soup and it was delicious. My steak was also delicious. My only complaint was the amount of gravy. It may have been adequate, but double or triple the gravy would have made it perfect.

Adrianna was our server and she did an excellent job. She was friendly, efficient, and unobtrusive. Other diners seemed happy and friendly, adding to the pleasure of the meal.

Now we wonder why it took us so long to try this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

great place! its a part of the americana vacation experience. stay at a roadside motor hotel with grandkids while going cross country and have breakfast in a IHOP !
Greeted warmly and seated next to a table of six or seven old guys (regulars) that fit the small town KS picture.waitress very friendly and attentive.food was so good! strawberry pancakes, hash browns , oj coffee! its the real deal. my granddaughter who is ,say finicky, loved it.
if you happen to be traveling thru KS stay the night in Hays and try this IHOP! you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

If you're in the Hays area, and wanted to have a good breakfast, go to IHOP. Service is so fast. Meal is good.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Made a quick lunch stop on our way from Colorado Springs to Topeka Kansas. I am strictly vegetarian and didn't want breakfast (plenty of options for bf!!! Including their new crepes) I ordered a cheeseburger without the burger and added some tofurky from our cooler. They refused to charge me full price since I basically ordered a cheese sandwich with fries. Wonderful and friendly staff. Very clean restaurant and restrooms.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Typical IHOP! Consistent with the IHOP branding machine. Our service was a little slow, but overall is was a nice experience.

Been to IHOP? Share your experiences!