“Meatloaf dinner with a Broad Ax Stout”

Granite City Food & Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Granite City Food & Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 308 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Granite City is a microbrewery/ restaurant with awesome craft brews and a large menu! We have a breakfast buffet on Saturdays from 9am-12pm and Sunday Brunch from 9am - 2pm. We take reservations!
Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

I wasn't expecting much from there dark beer but it was darn good. The meatloaf was served on a piece of white bread and topped with mashed potatoes and crispy onions. It was very good and went really perfect with a dark beer.

Reviewed 16 December 2015

We went to Granite City while out shopping. The place is clean and has a nice atmosphere. Service was good and courteous. It was not busy on this weekday evening. The food was fine but not great. The mahi tacos were much better than the prime rib sandwich. We would try again and try some of the beer flights next time, but would not make a special trip to go there.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

This is the second Granite City Food and Brewery I have been to. The beer is great here, and is brewed on the premises. I had a couple of great brews, and there is a decent selection to choose from. Don't expect the usual big brewery beer choices, as they only have a couple on tap. They primarily serve their own beers. The food is of good quality, and you get plenty. One appetizer is good for three people. They are huge. I would not suggest the Idaho Nachos as they were sort of bland and not layered well. But the spinach artichoke dip was great. For my entrée' I had the meatloaf, and the edges were nice and crispy and the middle was moist, and it tasted great. The mashed are real, and taste great. If you like veggies, it came with green beans and onion strings on top. I washed it down with an oatmeal stout and a pale ale, and they were delicious! No dessert for me this visit, as I was stuffed after my meal. But they looked good and I have had dessert at other locations and they rocked.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

Terrible service, waitress was in la-la land. Waited 15 minutes after food arrived for ketchup and refills. Food took far too long to come out, probably due to server error. Menu has also changed, some of the favorites were taken off. This place has changed and not for the better. Parking also sucks. Avoid this, there are many better options at the Legends.

Also, how cheap do have to be to not have condiments on each table? This is not Plaza III or something. Give me a break.

Reviewed 14 December 2015 via mobile

Girlfriend and I stepped into Granite City for early dinner. Not busy, empty booths and tables.we waited over 10 min for menus, waited 6 min to for drinks then waiter walked away whole we were trying to order, 3 more min before he came back. Asked for quickest apetizer and menu. Then 12 more min passed and we asked if another waitress could find ours. Another 2 min and he came back. We asked about apetizer, he away for 10 seconds and came back with cold rubbery spinach & artichoke dip. Then 10 more min passed and our "quick",entrees came. We were out of drinks and asked for more and 5 more min passed till we were able to ask again.........