“In the Hall named with a name of "The Dashing Kansan"”

Biodiversity Institute & Natural History Museum
Ranked #4 of 52 things to do in Lawrence
Reviewed 18 November 2012

The Dashing Kansan is a book of "The Amazing Adventures of a Nineteenth-Century Naturalist and Explorer" written by Bill Sharp and Peggy Sullivan . His name was Lewis Lindsay Dyche . Now we can enjoy and learn a lot with visiting Dyche Hall and the museum. You will not regret !

1  Thank Uros B

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Have visited numerous times with family and also as a teacher with my class. It's best to not try to see everything at once, but study just one area. We do visit Commache (horse) on every visit, however. Don't forget to observe and study the architecture, as well.

1  Thank GloJ46
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Excellent museum. Interesting local history also. On the KU campus, which is beautiful by itself, and near the student union. Good for kids.

1  Thank KatKen
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Wonderful place to take the family, several floors of interesting artifacts to see, very educational but not boring at all, and it's free!

1  Thank GiangYavrouianSyavro
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I remember going to this museum when I was a kid myself, and my own son enjoyed it whenever I brought him. We always brought guests here, as well. My favorite exhibit was the living bee-hive.

1  Thank God_Bless_The_DADS