“Third try, but going to have to hear about changes before I can give them another chance”
Review of Mirth - CLOSED

Mirth
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The service had significantly improved by the first visit, but the quality of the food varies greatly. I'm a burger n' fry kind of guy and one of the three times that i went they forgot the cheese on a "cheese burger" and the last two times the meat seemed as if either they had cooked it to death or that possibly it had been cooked previously and then rewarmed either way it had a very tough exterior and very dry interior.and the fries were always average at best and always cooked differently. I'm not saying it's the worst I've ever ate but when your forking out 12 bucks for a burger fry and drink i would expect it to at least be to the same standards as a fast food burger. I proudly support local business as much as possible but I will not donate to them which is what it seems if i do not finish my meal and feel it necessary to stop by the local drive-in to grab a burger for dinner.
p.s. my wife adds when the mashed potatoes turn grey stop serving them and make some fresh or simply say your out but don't serve them with a little extra gravy to cover them up.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Mirth is now at a new location. It has always had excellent lunch specials, with a nice selection of coffees. But with the new location it seems to have kitchen and server problems. We waited 25 minutes to be seated, and once seated, it took some time before we could order. The coffee pots also ran out, and the usually abundant coffee was not found. Our server, a personable young lady, was occupied with her area and was constantly running back to the kitchen, and not able to pay attention to the meal and refills. It was probably not her fault that the food took almost 25 minutes to come. Once it did arrive, it was wonderful. The quiche was freshly prepared with a wonderful salad. My friend's Eggs Benedict were superb and came with roasted potatoes. Excellent food, but the time to wait was a problem. Although we were in no rush, I would definitely think twice if time was a factor. Great food, but adjustments are needed in the kitchen and service. I will definitely return to see if they have adjusted the service and kitchen operation.

Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

They opened a second mirth in Tonganoxie. They offer all the same amenities as the original in Lawrence. We were there the first week so service was a little bumpy. I'm guessing that they will also need to modify the coffee bar idea for a small town crowd. The older folks were not thrilled with serve yourself coffee option. We will give it another try soon. My kids enjoyed the kid menu.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Great for Breakfast at Lunch and appetites big and small. The menu changes enough but not too much so locals tend to migrate regularly back for more.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

The Mirth is a great coffee shop with a fun menu that offers options for all types of breakfast and lunch. They offer wonderful vegetarian options such as the vegetarian biscuits an gravy and red beans and rice. The secret is out a the place was a buzz with activity. We are repeat customers and the various tea and coffee creations have all been wonderful. We can't wait to get back again.