“Awesome Breakfast Place”

Mirth
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 December 2013

You can't go wring with Mirth's hearty breakfast options. Try the Artichoke Benedict for a treat or if feeling healthy, order the flavorful oatmeal. Espresso drinks, including soy, available. BYOB if craving a Mimosa or bottle of wine with lunch. Fresh and satisfying food.
Service is good, but the staff often make excuses for being under-staffed (um, I don't care, I just want my food).

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Mirth was recommended to us and had great reviews so we were pretty bummed to have had such a mediocre experience here. Maybe it was just the busy Saturday or maybe it was an inexperienced waiter. Nothing really special here. Food was not extra great and seemed pretty run of the mill fare. Staff was nice.

The good: I could tell the food would have been excellent had it been served hot. The wait staff was nice and accommodating. We like to hang out and talk and it was super that our waiter continued to refill our waters, even after we had paid our tab and he had cleared the table of our plates. The restaurant was comfortable and clean.

The bad: Location is not what is on MapQuest or the web. They moved about 7 months ago and the address apparently has not been updated so you have to be in the know, call or a clairvoyant to find it.

Anything out of the ordinary really threw our waiter or his listening skills weren't great. I requested an iced chai. A hot chai arrived at the table and when I told him I had ordered an iced he said they didn't serve iced chai. We asked for cheese on our eggs. No cheese arrived so had to ask a couple of times. Our guests asked for an omelet with the burrito vegetables and a burrito arrived. There was a pretty long wait for the correction. When we requested ketchup, we were served one tiny little plastic cup of ketchup. No one offered us "to go" containers for uneaten food. Kinda ticky tacky things but also pretty basic and what we've come to expect from a customer centered restaurant.

Prices were very reasonable but the food didn't seem consistent. For around $6 I ordered biscuits and gravy and got exactly that.... 2 biscuits cut in half with a load of gravy. No sides came with it at all. No garnish. No nothing.... Exactly biscuits.... and gravy. For $7 you got eggs, toast, potatoes, and eggs. Read the menu because what's on there is EXACTLY what you get.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I've tried them all. This is the spot, especially on the weekend when they have special menu items such as eggs avocado. They have serve-yourself coffee, which is a blessing to me (but inconvenient for some folks). You can bring your own bottles there (wine, champagne for mimosas, etc). I also highly recommend the sweet potato chorizo hash.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Had brunch at the Mirth today and I was disappointed. I ordered the French toast special. The rest of the group had a breakfast burrito, biscuits and gravy, and blueberry pancakes. My French toast was at best lukewarm and soggy. The pancakes were very good. The biscuits & gravy had a bit of a kick to them. The burrito was huge! My coffee cup had grounds in the bottom of my cup. Ick! The others had hot chocolate, orange juice & apple juice. The apple juice glass was left half full. The bacon was very good. It was a mixed bag of contentment and disgust.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

The service had significantly improved by the first visit, but the quality of the food varies greatly. I'm a burger n' fry kind of guy and one of the three times that i went they forgot the cheese on a "cheese burger" and the last two times the meat seemed as if either they had cooked it to death or that possibly it had been cooked previously and then rewarmed either way it had a very tough exterior and very dry interior.and the fries were always average at best and always cooked differently. I'm not saying it's the worst I've ever ate but when your forking out 12 bucks for a burger fry and drink i would expect it to at least be to the same standards as a fast food burger. I proudly support local business as much as possible but I will not donate to them which is what it seems if i do not finish my meal and feel it necessary to stop by the local drive-in to grab a burger for dinner.
p.s. my wife adds when the mashed potatoes turn grey stop serving them and make some fresh or simply say your out but don't serve them with a little extra gravy to cover them up.