“Great breakfast and lunch!”
Review of Mirth - CLOSED

Mirth
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 September 2014

We'd been to the old location several times and enjoyed it. I was worried after the move but was glad to find the food still great. The eggs benedict is wonderful and the biscuits and gravy are always good. I don't really like the new decor but understand that they wanted a bigger space. The serve yourself coffee bar is hit or miss though. Some of the coffee was not very hot and we had to ask them to refill the half and half. Aside from that issue I still give it five stars for the service and food. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 6 September 2014

As a previous employee, the "Mirth" Cafe, had nothing to do with happiness. Absolutely loved everyone I worked with, minus the previous owners, Ron and Lena Zahorik, who are now the new management. You were constantly walking on broken glass around them, and never knew which personality you were going to get that day. They were always fighting with each other and making their employees practically choose sides. Everyday they were there you would always hear them bad mouth each other to you and make you feel completely uncomfortable. The atmosphere there was completely corrupt with their constant bad attitudes and rude remarks. They would belittle you, make fun of you, and just tear you down as a whole. So unprofessional. I doubt they make it after reopening

1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 21 December 2013

You can't go wring with Mirth's hearty breakfast options. Try the Artichoke Benedict for a treat or if feeling healthy, order the flavorful oatmeal. Espresso drinks, including soy, available. BYOB if craving a Mimosa or bottle of wine with lunch. Fresh and satisfying food.
Service is good, but the staff often make excuses for being under-staffed (um, I don't care, I just want my food).

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Mirth was recommended to us and had great reviews so we were pretty bummed to have had such a mediocre experience here. Maybe it was just the busy Saturday or maybe it was an inexperienced waiter. Nothing really special here. Food was not extra great and seemed pretty run of the mill fare. Staff was nice.

The good: I could tell the food would have been excellent had it been served hot. The wait staff was nice and accommodating. We like to hang out and talk and it was super that our waiter continued to refill our waters, even after we had paid our tab and he had cleared the table of our plates. The restaurant was comfortable and clean.

The bad: Location is not what is on MapQuest or the web. They moved about 7 months ago and the address apparently has not been updated so you have to be in the know, call or a clairvoyant to find it.

Anything out of the ordinary really threw our waiter or his listening skills weren't great. I requested an iced chai. A hot chai arrived at the table and when I told him I had ordered an iced he said they didn't serve iced chai. We asked for cheese on our eggs. No cheese arrived so had to ask a couple of times. Our guests asked for an omelet with the burrito vegetables and a burrito arrived. There was a pretty long wait for the correction. When we requested ketchup, we were served one tiny little plastic cup of ketchup. No one offered us "to go" containers for uneaten food. Kinda ticky tacky things but also pretty basic and what we've come to expect from a customer centered restaurant.

Prices were very reasonable but the food didn't seem consistent. For around $6 I ordered biscuits and gravy and got exactly that.... 2 biscuits cut in half with a load of gravy. No sides came with it at all. No garnish. No nothing.... Exactly biscuits.... and gravy. For $7 you got eggs, toast, potatoes, and eggs. Read the menu because what's on there is EXACTLY what you get.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I've tried them all. This is the spot, especially on the weekend when they have special menu items such as eggs avocado. They have serve-yourself coffee, which is a blessing to me (but inconvenient for some folks). You can bring your own bottles there (wine, champagne for mimosas, etc). I also highly recommend the sweet potato chorizo hash.