The Elite Suites
US$49
Econo Lodge(Hays)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$58
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 July 2015

One bedroom suites are up a flight of stairs. No elevator. Two bedroom is on main floor.

Lower suite has washer and dryer (no coins) and facilities for cooking. All suites have coffeemaker and microwave and baskets with coffee, muffins, nuts, etc., not squeaky clean, but mostly well maintained for an historic building, provided you disregard some of the paint and don't look out the windows. Innkeeper is a bonus. We stay there every year as long as we call early enough.

Nearby are an adequate market, secondhand store, exceptional thrift store, antique and memorabilia store, liquor store and a couple of restaurants. It's a small Kansas town but has a big heart.

Room Tip: Air conditioners adequate for summer in Kansas. Comfortable furniture/good television reception.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2015

very homey comfortable and reasonable rates. The place is a gem, a real surprise for weary bike travelers. The place was complete. Full kitchen and a washer and dryer, included in the fee. Do not look too closely at the windows or the wall paint. BUT, it WAS clean and just lovely

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Elite Suites is a 100 year old plus renovated home with a wonderful history. The furnishings are modern even in an old building. We have stayed many times over the past few years in all types of weather. The rooms have always been clean. The beds are especially comfortable. The owners Ronnie and Jim have become welcoming friends with our many stays.

I highly recommend this and other properties owned by Ronnie and Jim. They are gracious and accommodating!

Donna and Kent

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Pleasant receptionist, that is about it. The dirt, smell and unpleasant conditions that this place is called a suite it is disgusting. I have stayed at better economy hotels. Broken window in my room dust on the bookshelves, just a run down smelly house. It Sucks... If I could give it a minus I would. I'v only stayed at two worse places in my life and they were 25 dollar rooms this is over 100...ug..

Room Tip: Choose another location.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank unhappymike
Ronnie P, Manager at The Elite Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear unhappymike,

As head of housekeeping, when I was first made aware of and read your review on December 19, 2013, I was mortified. Then I decided that you were right. Looking back on the time frame of your stay I also recall some unacceptable housekeeping practices and take full responsibility for not catching onto them sooner. I truly apologize. I would like to offer a refund, but do not show any reservations for a Mike or Michael in June, July or August. The one house of four, (you weren't technically in a Suite), that has the brown window frames did accomodate a family function in July. That party consisted of six adults and three children of which we do not charge if under the age of 12, but would still explain your price being over $100. Six adults is a large party. As I can not locate a Mike to refund to, perhaps you can contact the party that paid for you and have them call me. I will gladly discuss the situation with them as I myself was not pleased with things at that time. Or, as you indicate you live in Ness City I would be glad to meet with you to take care of this matter. Should we be honored with you as a customer again, I assure you that the situation was remedied long before I became aware of your review and wish your next stay to be much more enjoyable.

Ronnie Palmer